Homemade whipped cream can be made in 5 minutes with this easy recipe. Only 4 ingredients to a creamy delicious topping for all your favorite desserts.
Homemade whipped cream is so easy to make; there's no reason to go running to the store when you can make it in about 5 minutes.
This particular recipe makes a super creamy and slightly sweet whipped cream that's perfect for topping your favorite desserts, like this no bake blueberry dessert made with Dream Whip whipped dessert topping. It's also perfect for making a classic ambrosia salad recipe.
The creamy flavorful texture is partially due to a secret ingredient. In fact, it's one of my favorite ingredients… Keep reading to see what it is.
And I love making this pineapple fluff frosting with whipped cream.
Here's how to make your own batch of homemade whipped cream.
Ready to hear all about that secret ingredient? It's cream cheese. I've professed my love for cream cheese before, but you guys… It just adds an oomph to whipped cream. It's so good!
So, here's what you do. Mix the cream cheese, heavy whipping cream, vanilla extract, and powdered sugar together. Whip with a mixer until it begins to thicken into a whipped cream texture.
You can make it as thin or as thick as you prefer.
For this recipe, I made it a bit thicker, but do know that it will thicken up really fast before you realize. So, if you're wanting it to have a more silky appearance, just stop the whipping process sooner.
You can print the full recipe below. Enjoy on your favorite dessert!
Looking for some lovely desserts to enjoy with a dollop of homemade whipped cream? I may have a few ideas for ya…
- Strawberry Jello Cake Flag Cake and Red White and Blue Jello Cake
- Simple and Easy Raspberry Chocolate Cake in About a Minute
- The Best Peach Cobbler Ever
- Apple Crumb Pie in a Jar
- Old-Fashioned Strawberry Shortcake
- Strawberry Cream Pie
- Creamy No Bake Blueberry Dessert
- Cinnamon Baked Apples
- Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Sundae
I'm definitely adding this recipe to my lists of The Best Thanksgiving Recipes for Your Holiday Menu and The Best Christmas Recipes for Your Holiday Celebrations. It's the perfect topping for all those yummy holiday desserts.
Print the recipe for homemade whipped cream.
Quick and Easy Homemade Whipped Cream
- Mix together cream cheese, heavy whipping cream, vanilla extract, and powdered sugar.
- Use a mixer to whip together ingredients until mixture begins to thicken to the consistency of whipped cream. It will thicken up rather quickly. So, if you're wanting it to have a thinner texture/more silky appearance, just stop the whipping process sooner.
- Refrigerate until serving.
- Serve with your favorite desserts.