This post may contain affiliate links which means we receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Whip up a dreamy no bake blueberry dessert, aka blueberry delight, with cream cheese, Dream Whip, blueberry pie filling, and a pecan crust. Easy recipe!
If you've been blueberry picking, I've got the perfect blueberry dessert for you. Made with a pecan crust, blueberry pie filling, and a creamy layer of cream cheese lush, it's just as dreamy as fresh blueberry cobbler.
Growing up, my mom always made what she called a Cherry Crunch; it was my dad's favorite dessert. Well, this blueberry delight is a twist on that classic dessert.
While the pie crust does require bake time, the rest of this recipe is no bake. You can find links to both the crust recipe and the pie filling in the printable recipe card toward the bottom of this post.
WHERE CAN I FIND THE PRINTABLE RECIPE?
If you’d rather skip all of my cooking tips, important cooking info for this recipe, and similar recipe ideas – and get straight to the blueberry yum yum recipe – just scroll down to the bottom, where you’ll find a printable recipe card.
INGREDIENTS FOR A NO BAKE BLUEBERRY DESSERT:
HOW TO MAKE THE 3-INGREDIENT PIE CRUST
Making the crust is so simple and easy and requires just a few minutes of bake time.
It requires only 4 steps…
- Melting the butter.
- Mixing the butter with the flour and pecans.
- Pressing the dough into a 13″x9″ baking dish.
- Then just bake and cool.
You can click here –>> for the full pecan crust recipe.
ALTERNATIVE PIE CRUST OPTIONS
You can get creative with the crust, as well. For instance…
- Graham cracker crust
- Pecan Sandies crust – Make it like you would a graham cracker crust.
- Easy shortcut no-roll pie crust (without nuts)
- Vanilla Wafer crust
- Buy a store bought crust and press pecans into it. (This would likely make a smaller pie.)
- Line a graham cracker crust with sliced bananas.
TIPS FOR HOW TO MAKE THIS EASY BLUEBERRY DESSERT
I've tried making the cream cheese filling with homemade whipped cream; for some reason, it just hasn't worked as well. So I usually reserve my whipped topping for the top and use Dream Whip for the filling, which is what my mom uses in her Cherry Crunch.
Now some people do make this filling with Cool Whip, but I’ve carried on my mom’s tradition of a creamy Dream Whip filling. I like to call it angel fluff.
Tips and steps for making blueberry delight with Dream Whip…
- Beat the cream cheese separately first thing. This will help it soften up more, and it will blend in better with the Dream Whip, once you’re ready for that step.
- Mix the Dream Whip according to the package directions (also included in the recipe card below).
- Then, using a mixer, fold in the whipped cream with the confectioners sugar and softened cream cheese.
- Spread the creamy filling on top of your cooled pie crust in the baking dish.
- Then top it all off with the blueberry topping (pie filling).
And that's it! You can save back a little bit of Dream Whip and use the remaining whipped topping for the top, maybe add a dollop on each slice you serve.
This recipe is so easy. If you're not quite ready to serve it, just cover it and chill in the refrigerator; and it'll be ready when you are.
Another great tip… You can split the Dream Whip filling (and the blueberry topping) in half to make 2 smaller pies.
CAN YOU FREEZE BLUEBERRY DELIGHT?
You can definitely make this recipe ahead of time, freeze it, and thaw it when you need it.
Now one tip… I would definitely freeze it before adding the pie filling. Especially if you're using canned pie filling, it'd be super easy to just add that later on after you've thawed the crust and creamy filling.
Just be sure, if you do freeze this dessert, to cover it well so it doesn't get freezer burnt.
WANT MORE BLUEBERRY DESSERT RECIPES?
If you're a fan of blueberry desserts and sweets, you will love these recipes…
SHOP KITCHEN TOOLS FOR THIS RECIPE:
13″x9″ Baking Dish – You'll need this size baking dish for this recipe. I find myself using this size for so many recipes, not just desserts.
Mixer – You'll need a mixer to mix together the ingredients for the creamy filling.
Spatula – Where would I be without my spatulas? I have a whole slew of them because we’re ALWAYS using them.
CREAMY NO BAKE BLUEBERRY DESSERT RECIPE
If you love this creamy blueberry delight recipe as much as I do, please write a 5 star review, and help me share the recipe on Facebook and Pinterest!
CONNECT WITH ADVENTURES OF MEL!
Be sure to follow me on social, so you never miss a post!
Sign up to receive my newsletter, filled with delicious recipes and outdoor travel adventures, in your inbox:
- 1 pecan nut pie crust
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- 2 envelopes Dream Whip, (1 box)
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 42 ounces blueberry pie filling, (or 2 cans store bought)
- Using a mixer, beat the cream cheese well.
- In a separate mixer bowl, whisk together the Dream Whip with the milk and vanilla, according to package directions. Whisk it until it begins to form soft peaks, about 4 minutes.
- Add the cream cheese and powdered sugar to the Dream Whip mixture, and whisk for 3 to 5 minutes, or until it’s smooth and creamy.
- Spread the Dream Whip cream cheese filling onto the prepared pie crust.*
- Then top it all off with blueberry pie filling.
- Cover your no bake blueberry dessert and allow it to chill in the fridge for at least 4 hours, or overnight if possible.
- When it’s ready to serve, you can top it off with a dollop of homemade whipped cream or serve it as is. It’s so delicious!
*You can use a regular pie crust or a graham cracker crust. Or get creative with the other options I included in the post above.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 324 Total Fat: 18g Saturated Fat: 7g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 9g Cholesterol: 24mg Sodium: 227mg Carbohydrates: 37g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 13g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 4g