This post may contain affiliate links which means we receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Every time I make this cobbler, it just seems to get better and better. When I made this particular one to share as a recipe, I kid you not, my guys pretty much devoured it in a day.
I really do need to be more strategic about when I make this and make it when we're about to have company, so we don't eat it all ourselves. I did get a little bit… just a li'l.
And I must say that you can't have peach cobbler without a scoop of vanilla ice cream. It just wouldn't be the same.
So, if you plan to make this, get to the store and get yourself a carton of ice cream to go with it; or better yet, make homemade vanilla ice cream.
Wanna make dessert over the campfire too? Here's an easy peach cobbler recipe!
If you love peaches, you'll love this peaches and cream Instant Pot oatmeal recipe.
Peach cobbler is probably the easiest recipe, besides chocolate chip cookies, you could ever make. Ingredients are simple and the crust is a press-in crust, my favorite type of pie crust.
The more tedious part is peeling and slicing the peaches, but even that isn't bad. Fair warning, though… If you don't watch it, you may not have as many peaches in your cobbler as you first started out with… They're hard to resist.
You can use a regular baking dish. I've made this in a round glass casserole dish for years, but while I was pregnant and more prone to anemia, we really started using more cast iron for cooking. So, I decided to give Dan's favorite skillet a try.
A cast iron skillet makes a super delicious cobbler.
Looking for more pie recipes?
- Blueberry Cobbler
- Apple Crumb Pie
- Caramel Custard Pie
- Sweet Potato Pie
- Classic Pumpkin Pie from Scratch
- Classic Pecan Pie
- Strawberry Cream Pie
Below is a printable recipe. If you decide to make it, you'll have to let me know how long it lasted in your house. Enjoy!
- 2 cups flour
- 3-4 tbsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3-4 tbsp. milk
- 8-12 peaches
- 1/2-2/3 cup sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 tbsp. corn starch
- 1/4 cup salted butter
- 1/2 tbsp. cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Bring down to 375 degrees.
- For the crust, combine dry ingredients and set aside.
- Combine softened butter and milk in smaller bowl.
- Add to dry ingredients, stirring with a fork.
- Set aside 1/4 of dough for topping.
- Press the rest of the dough into a baking dish or large cast iron skillet. Press up the sides until the crust covers the dish or skillet.
- Wash, peel, and slice peaches.
- Add in sugar, salt, corn starch, and cinnamon. Mix well.
- Pour peach mixture into crust, and top with sliced butter.
- Finally, crumble your saved crust topping over the peach mixture.
- Bake for 40 minutes to 1 hour, until crust is golden brown.
- Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 620 Total Fat: 24g Saturated Fat: 15g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 8g Cholesterol: 63mg Sodium: 223mg Carbohydrates: 99g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 5g Sugar: 70g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 7g