This page may contain affiliate links which means we receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase.
I get a lot of questions about what I do here at Adventures of Mel and about the equipment I use. So, I thought I’d try to answer a few of those questions.
What exactly do you do?
For more explanation as to what Adventures of Mel is all about, be sure to check out my about page. As a full time blogger, I spend my work hours creating new content, updating old content, developing new recipes, taking/editing photos, filming/editing videos, writing, doing all the necessary things it takes to run a small business, researching trends and keywords, interacting on social media, brainstorming new ideas, pursuing learning and education that will help me in my business, and so much more. I’ve always loved variety, so I love my work.
What do you use to plan and run your business?
For planning and keeping track of both work and life, I love using my Happy Planner.
For running my business, I love using Airtable.
What equipment do you use for your photos and videos?
Unless mentioned as otherwise, I take all photos and videos for Adventures of Mel.
For photography and filming videos, I use the following:
- Nikon D750 – We have a 2 camera setup for video.
- Lenses – I absolutely LOVE my 105mm f/2.8G macro lens (it is my go to food lens) and my 50mm f/1.4G lens for food photography. For travel photography and some video, we love to use our 17-35mm f/2.8G lens, and a 35-70mm f/2.8G lens. My husband is a lens addict and keeps his eye open for used lenses, so that’s how we’ve acquired a couple of our lenses.
- iPhone 7 – I use this for a LOT of my travel and outdoor photos and videos. It’s always on me, so it’s easy to capture the moments I want to capture.
- iPhone Waterproof Case with Camera Float for kayaking
- Sometimes we’ll use our son’s GoPro, mainly for over the road videos when we’re driving and want to capture the road we’re on.
- Mevo Plus – We use this for live video.
- Manfrotto Tripod with Ball Head
- Manfrotto Tripod with Fluid Video Head
- GorillaPod with Grip Tight Mount – We use a large GorillaPod for our camera and a small one for our phone when traveling.
- Pipe with Super Clamp and Camera Mounting Platform Adapter
- HDMI Field Monitor – The monitor allows us to see what we’re recording when filming overhead.
- Photo Background Boards
- Light Set with Westcott Daylight Bulbs and Soft Boxes
- Adobe Photoshop CC
- Adobe Lightroom Classic CC
- Final Cut Pro X
Do you accept guest posts?
No, I do not accept guest posts.
Can I advertise on your blog?
If you are interested in advertising on Adventures of Mel, you will need to contact Mediavine, the most amazing advertising network on the planet. Seriously, Mediavine is amazing and so much more than just an ad network.
Do you work with brands/companies?
Yes. As long as the brand fits authentically in with my brand, then yes, I will consider working with them. If you’re a brand and you’re interested in working with me, you can email me at email@example.com, or you can check out my PR page for more information and testimonials from previous clients.