Peaches and Cream Instant Pot Oatmeal – Make ahead a large batch recipe for peaches and cream Instant Pot oatmeal, and start mornings with a family favorite, kid approved homemade breakfast!
Instant Pot oatmeal makes a great breakfast, lunch, or even snack idea. As a teen, I had a thing for Instant Oatmeal, more specifically, Peaches and Cream Oatmeal. I absolutely loved it.
Now I can just make it myself, giving me the freedom to add less sugar and make it a bit more healthy than those instant packs probably are. My family prefer steel cut or old fashioned oats, and to be honest, I prefer to keep things simple too, especially when it comes to the food we eat.
My guys like this particular oatmeal recipe because it's not too sweet. Not gonna lie, I'm the sweet tooth in the family, but they definitely keep me in check and make me re-think certain recipes and how much sugar I'm adding.
Looking for more Instant Pot breakfast ideas? You'll love maple brown sugar oatmeal.
WHERE CAN I FIND THE RECIPE FOR PEACHES AND CREAM OATMEAL?
If you’d rather skip all of my cooking tips, important cooking info for this recipe, and similar recipe ideas – and get straight to the delicious peaches and cream oatmeal recipe – just scroll down to the bottom, where you’ll find a printable recipe card.
NOT SURE HOW TO USE YOUR INSTANT POT PRESSURE COOKER?
Learn how to quickly use your Instant Pot with our Instant Pot Quick Start Guide, filled with practical tips, Instant Pot recipes, accessory ideas, and more!
SHOULD I USE STEEL CUT OATS, QUICK OATS OR OLD FASHIONED OATS FOR INSTANT POT OATMEAL?
For this recipe, I use old fashioned or rolled oats. However you can use steel cut oats; you just may need to increase the cooking time by a minute or two, since steel cut oats can take longer to cook.
The nice thing is, with the pressure cooker, things cook more quickly.
The Kitchn has a great article explaining the difference between steel-cut, rolled, and instant oats.
SHOULD I USE FRESH OR FROZEN PEACHES?
I've used both fresh and frozen peaches, and they work equally well. If you're in a hurry, though, I highly recommend frozen peaches.
You can also use canned peaches, but be sure to drain the liquid before adding them to the oatmeal.
TIPS FOR HOW TO MAKE OATMEAL IN THE INSTANT POT
This oatmeal recipe literally just takes throwing all your ingredients into the Instant Pot and setting it to cook. It's so easy, but here are a few tips that may help you along the way.
TIPS TO KEEP YOUR OATMEAL FROM SCORCHING
Some people say not to use milk because it can scorch on the bottom of the pan. While it's left a bottom film that kinda clings to the pot, it's never burned or tasted burnt.
Also, you may be able to avoid scorching with the following methods:
- Use all water and no dairy.
- Substitute another kind of dairy product (like almond milk).
- If you find you just can't make it without it scorching, reduce the cook time by a minute or two.
- Throw everything in, adding the milk last, and don't stir. Just cook it.
MY FAVORITE TIPS FOR COOKING OATMEAL IN THE INSTANT POT
- I use half water/half milk for a more creamy texture to our oatmeal.
- I also like to add cinnamon because I love the combination of peaches and cinnamon, especially when I make peach cobbler… So good!
- When you go to serve the oatmeal, you can have things like sugar, brown sugar, cream or milk, and maybe even extra fruit handy for anyone who wants it. I've always added cream or milk with a little sugar to my oatmeal after it's cooked.
MORE OATMEAL RECIPES YOU MAY ENJOY
One of our favorite dinnertime meals is this easy meatloaf recipe, made with old fashioned rolled oats. Mmmm, it's so delicious!
KITCHEN TOOLS YOU'LL NEED TO MAKE INSTANT POT OATMEAL
Instant Pot – We used our 6-quart Instant Pot.
PEACHES AND CREAM INSTANT POT OATMEAL RECIPE
If you love this peaches and cream Instant Pot oatmeal recipe as much as I do, please write a 5 star review, and help me share the recipe on Facebook and Pinterest! If you make the recipe, be sure to share that you tried it on Pinterest. I love when readers share feedback!
CONNECT WITH ADVENTURES OF MEL!
Be sure to follow me on social, so you never miss a post!
Sign up to receive my newsletter, filled with delicious recipes and outdoor travel adventures, in your inbox:
Peaches and Cream Instant Pot Oatmeal
- Start by prepping your peaches; this will depend on whether you're using fresh or frozen.***
- Add all the ingredients to the Instant Pot, stirring the mixture together.
- Pop the lid on your Instant Pot.
- Set the Instant Pot on Multigrain for 6 minutes, and let it cook and naturally release.
- When the oatmeal has finished cooking, serve it with sugar, brown sugar, milk, cream, and extra sliced peaches. Enjoy!