This post may contain affiliate links which means we receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
My dad makes the best vegetable stew; usually, he’ll find whatever is left over in the fridge, and he’ll throw it all together. It’s truly one of our favorite meals enjoyed with my parents.
In honor of my dad, I decided to make a hearty vegetable soup last week. Perfect for fall, this soup simmered in the slow cooker all afternoon. Below is a printable recipe, without photos, for your convenience.
First, add a bottle of V8 Juice to your slow cooker. Chop up potatoes…. ….carrots and celery…. ….and onions, adding all to slow cooker. Add green beans, peas, and corn, draining veggies beforehand. Stir ingredients well, adding salt and pepper to taste. Cook on high for about an hour, and then simmer on low for 4-6 hours. Enjoy!
Slow Cooker Recipe ~ Hearty Vegetable Soup
- 1 64- oz bottle Original V8 Juice
- 5-6 potatoes
- 1 cup celery
- 1-1/2 cups carrots
- 1/2 cup onion
- 1 can peas drained
- 1 can corn drained (creamed corn is also good)
- 1 can green beans drained
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Add V8 Juice to slow cooker. Chop up potatoes, carrots, celery, and onions, adding all to slow cooker. Add green beans, peas, and corn, draining veggies beforehand. Stir ingredients well, adding salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook in slow cooker on high for about an hour, and then simmer on low for 4-6 hours.
- Serve with warm cornbread, homemade bread, or crackers. Enjoy!