White Chicken Chili in the slow cooker (or Instant Pot) makes an easy family meal. Filled with vegetables, white beans, chicken, green chiles, and cheese.
White chicken chili is an easy dinner idea my entire family loves. It's filled to the gills with vegetables and beans and shredded chicken.
Another ingredient I highly recommend (but optional because I know they're not everyone's thing)… Green chiles. I fell in love with green chiles when we visited New Mexico last spring and enjoyed the most delicious breakfast enchilada with a cheesy green chile sauce.
Another reason I love this meal is because I can throw it all together in my slow cooker and walk away. The aroma fills the house, and it smells so good, we're all equally ravenous by the time dinnertime rolls around.
How to make Slow Cooker Vegetable White Chicken Chili
Melt the cream cheese. Then mix together the cream cheese with the chicken broth.
Shred the chicken (already cooked), and add in with the broth and cream cheese mixture.
Finely chop and add in the onion and celery. Add the rest of the vegetables, the green chiles, beans, and cheddar to the slow cooker, and mix together.
Add salt and pepper, to taste.
Cook on low heat for around 4 to 6 hours, or until ingredients are cooked through. Pair with a delicious buttermilk cornbread, crackers, or whatever your heart desires.
Alternative tips and tricks for White Chili
- Instead of chicken, you could add cooked ground beef.
- Or, if you love a vegetarian dish, make it meatless.
- Add in roasted and chopped green chiles (again, this is optional, but I highly recommend it).
- Use a little cheddar, but substitute a smoked cheese or shredded Colby Jack for part of the cheese.
- Add chili powder for more of a “spicy” taste.
- Instead of cannellini and navy beans, substitute chili beans, pinto beans, or kidney beans.
Looking for more slow cooker recipes?
- Slow Cooker Vegetable Soup
- Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Soup
- Green Beans, Potatoes, and Sausages
- Shepherd's Pie Stew
- Crock Pot chicken enchilada casserole
Looking for more soup recipes?
Olive Garden Chicken and Gnocchi Soup (Copycat)
Easy Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup
Tools you may need for White Chicken Chili
Slow Cooker or Instant Pot – Either one can be used, as long as you use the Slow Cooker function on the Instant Pot. Learn how to quickly use your Instant Pot with our Instant Pot Quick Start Guide, filled with practical tips, Instant Pot recipes, accessory ideas, and more!
Wooden Spoon – for stirring the mixture. We use our wooden spoons for everything.
Chopping Knife – for chopping up fresh vegetables, meat, etc.
Chicken Base – You can either use leftover broth from cooking the chicken, or you can use a soup base to make your own broth.
Print the recipe for White Chicken Chili.
Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili
- 32 ounces chicken broth
- 1 package 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 pound cooked chicken
- 1/2 large onion
- 2 celery stalks
- 8 ounces frozen corn
- 8 ounces frozen okra
- 8 ounces frozen green beans
- 1 can 14.5 ounces petite diced tomatoes (undrained)
- 1/2 cup chopped green chiles optional
- 2 cans 15.5 ounces each cannellini beans (drained or undrained, your preference)
- 1 can 16 ounces navy beans (drained or undrained, your preference)
- 1 1/4 cups shredded Cheddar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Melt the cream cheese.
- Mix together the cream cheese with the chicken broth.
- Shred the chicken, and add in with the broth and cream cheese mixture.
- Finely chop and add in the onion and celery.
- Add the rest of the vegetables, the green chiles, beans, and cheddar to the slow cooker. Mix together.
- Add salt and pepper, to taste.
- Cook on low heat for around 4 to 6 hours, or until ingredients are cooked through.
4 thoughts on “Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili”
Sorry I’m a little late to this post, but — do you drain/rinse the beans before adding to the Crockpot?
Mo, that is a good point. I can’t remember if I did, but I’m thinking I probably did. I usually do, unless I’m using actual chili beans.
Thank you. I am definitely going to make this just as soon as the temperature outside drops a few more degrees~