Make an easy Instant Pot vegetable soup with potatoes, okra, and other frozen veggies. Healthy pressure cooker recipe the whole family will love!
Instant Pot Vegetable Soup is one comfort food that warms a body up on a chilly day.
One of the things I love about this vegetable soup recipe is that it's a vegetable soup without tomatoes. With Dan trying to stay low carb and my sometimes sensitive tummy, I know full well we can all eat it and enjoy it.
I also love that it's pretty much a dump and go soup. The hardest part about this recipe (and it isn't even hard) is chopping up the garlic, potatoes, onion, carrots, and celery.
While it does have potatoes, we fill this chunky vegetable soup with all sorts of veggies, including okra and green beans. Cooked in a beefy broth, it's got the beef flavor without any meat.
The only seasonings we use are salt and pepper. The vegetables do the rest, and it's packed with flavor.
WHERE CAN I FIND THE RECIPE CARD FOR INSTANT POT VEGETABLE SOUP?
If you’d rather skip all of my cooking tips, important cooking info for this recipe, and similar recipe ideas – and get straight to the delicious vegetable soup recipe – just scroll down to the bottom, where you’ll find a printable recipe card.
Things to Keep in Mind When Making Pressure Cooker Vegetable Soup
There are a few things you should keep in mind when making foods in your Instant Pot, including cook time and release.
While the cook time is only 30 minutes, keep in mind that if you let the pressure cooker naturally release, it will take more time. It'll also take time for the Instant Pot to come up to pressure, so it's important that you add these times into your cook time.
You can do a quick release (with protection, of course, so you don't get burnt), but because we usually dump and go with this recipe, we just let it naturally release. That way the veggies get a little more time to soften up through the cooking/release process.
What Kind of Broth Should I Use for This Soup?
You can use a vegetable based broth or a beef based broth. We use beef because we like the flavor of the beef base with the vegetables.
You can either use broth you've saved from a roast, or you can use a beef base or bullion to make a broth. This beef base is the one we regularly use.
Tips for How to Make a Chunky Vegetable Soup
- Begin by washing and prepping all of the fresh vegetables, including the celery, carrots, and potatoes. You'll also need to chop up the onion and garlic.
- Just dump all of your chopped and frozen veggies, along with the beef broth, into your Instant Pot.
- Put the lid on the Instant Pot and secure in place. Then set it to “Soup” for 30 minutes.
- And that's about it… You can just let it go, let it cook and naturally release, and then dinner will be ready.
What to Serve with Vegetable Soup
Alternative Options for Instant Pot Vegetable Soup
There are a few alternative ingredients you can add to this vegetable soup recipe to kinda switch it up…
- Add a little pasta or rice.
- Include other vegetables like lima beans or spinach, although you may need to increase the amount of liquid you add by a cup or so, depending on how much you add.
- Add meat! You can add hamburger, stew meat, sausage, etc.
Looking for more delicious Instant Pot recipes?
- Instant Pot Baked Potatoes
- Cauliflower, Sausage, and Chicken Casserole
- Potato soup in Instant Pot
- Instant Pot kielbasa and rice
- Instant Pot Chili
- Chicken Noodle Soup
Also, learn how to quickly use your Instant Pot with our Instant Pot Quick Start Guide, filled with practical tips, Instant Pot recipes, accessory ideas, and more!
Kitchen Tools You'll Need to Make This Soup:
8 Quart Instant Pot – We use our Instant Pot almost every day. It makes a lot of meals in our house.
Soup Bowls – Who doesn’t love a pretty bowl?
INSTANT POT VEGETABLE SOUP RECIPE
If you love this vegetable soup recipe as much as I do, please write a 5 star review, and help me share the recipe on Facebook and Pinterest!
Connect with Adventures of Mel!
Be sure to follow me on social, so you never miss a post!
Sign up to receive my newsletter, filled with delicious recipes and outdoor travel adventures, in your inbox:
Instant Pot Vegetable Soup
- Prep all the veggies, including the celery, carrots, onion, garlic, and potatoes.
- Add all the chopped and frozen veggies to the Instant Pot.
- Add the beef broth to the Instant Pot.
- At this point, you can give it all a good stir.
- Put the lid on the Instant Pot and secure in place.
- Set to “Soup” for 30 minutes, and let it do its thing.
- Once the soup has fully cooked and the valve has naturally released, the soup should be ready to serve.