This post may contain affiliate links which means we receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase.
Fall is the time of year when I just want to break out all the soup recipes… There’s just something cozy about a warm, steaming bowl of goodness.
A few weeks ago, my husband made a delicious homemade 15 Bean Soup with Rice. He’d found the beans and rice at our local orchard. Below you’ll find a printable recipe.
This soup is perfect for chilly fall days, rainy days, or days where you just need a bit of down home comfort. Enjoy!
Looking for more delicious soup recipes?
- Instant Pot Vegetable Soup
- Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili
- Easy Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup
- Creamy Potato Corn Chowder
- 30 Soup, Stew, Chowder, and Chili Recipes to Warm Up Your Kitchen
Homemade 15 Bean Soup with Rice
- 1- 15 bean soup package
- 1/2 cup rice
- 2 lb. ham bone
- 2 peppers
- 1 large onion
- Water see instructions below
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Add ham bone to Dutch oven pan, or similar. Cover ham bone in water, and boil until water is reduced by at least half.
- Remove bone from water, and pull meat from bone; chop meat. Put meat back into water. Add beans w/ flavor packet, rice, chopped peppers, and diced onions. Add enough water to cover everything over. Cook per instructions on the bean package, or until beans are thoroughly cooked. Add salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve, while warm, with cornbread or hot rolls. This usually makes enough leftovers for at least one more meal, for our family of 4.
For more great soup ideas, be sure to follow my Hearty Soups and Stews Pinterest board….