This post may contain affiliate links which means we receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
How to make a no fail, pecan nut, no roll pie crust that's easy, homemade, and delicious. It's the perfect recipe for any pie or no bake dessert.
Whether you're making a no bake dessert or pie, this pecan nut pie crust is a delicious foundation for your dessert. Of course, if you'd rather have a crust without nuts, you might want to try this more traditional pie crust recipe with butter or this easy no roll pie crust.
This is actually my favorite pie crust recipe for a blueberry delight with pecan crust. My mom used this crust for her famous cherry crunch, and it pairs fabulously well with that sweet cream cheese filling.
There are only 3 ingredients in this nutty pie crust, yet it gives your favorite desserts an amazing sweet and salty flavor. It's so yummy!
Pecan Nut Pie Crust Ingredients:
Tips for how to make this homemade pie crust:
Making this buttery pie crust is so simple and easy and requires just a few minutes of bake time.
First, melt the butter. Then mix together the melted butter and flour, forming a dough.
If your pecans aren't chopped, finely chop them.
Stir in the chopped pecans until they're all mixed in.
It's a press in pie crust, so just press the dough into a 13″x9″ baking dish.
Bake at 350° for about 20 minutes, or until the edges of the crust begin to turn a nice golden brown (baking times can vary).
Let the crust cool before adding any filling.
Now if you're making this crust with a regular pie where you bake the crust with the pie filling, you'll bake it according to the recipe instructions for that particular pie.
Alternative ingredient options:
While this recipe only has 3 ingredients, there are a few things you can do to switch it up.
- Instead of pecans, consider using walnuts, black walnuts (if you like the flavor of black walnuts), or even almonds.
- Use shortening in place of butter.
- You can also use canola oil in place of butter.
- And if you're just not a nut person, you can make this without pecans at all, just a plain crust, like an easy shortcut no-roll pie crust or rather a graham cracker crust.
Don't you love how easy this pie crust is? It doesn't even require you to roll out the dough.
Pies and desserts that pair well with this pecan nut crust:
- Strawberry Delight No Bake Dessert
- Creamy No Bake Pumpkin Dessert
- Blueberry Cream Cheese Mini Tarts
- Strawberry Cream Pie
- Chocolate Meringue Pie
- Cream Cheese Blueberry Pie
Tools you may need to make this pie crust from scratch:
13″x9″ Baking Dish – You’ll need this size baking dish for this recipe. I find myself using this size for so many recipes, not just desserts. If you want to make a smaller dessert, just split the recipe in half and use a smaller dish.
Mixing Bowl – You'll need a medium sized mixing bowl to mix up this crust.
- 12 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose unbleached flour
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- Pre-heat the oven to 350°.
- Melt the butter.
- Mix together the melted butter and flour, forming a dough.
- Stir in the chopped pecans.
- Press the crust into a 13"x9" baking dish.
- Bake at 350° for about 20 minutes, or until the crust begins to turn a golden brown.
- Let the crust cool before adding any filling.
if you are making this crust with a regular pie where you bake the crust with the pie filling, just bake it according to the recipe instructions for that particular pie.
Serving Size:15 servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 171Saturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 24mgSodium: 80mgCarbohydrates: 10gProtein: 1g