How to make a homemade graham cracker crust, an easy recipe that's perfect for all your favorite desserts, including pie and cheesecake.
It's pretty easy to buy an already made graham cracker crust. But sometimes you need more than the small graham cracker pie crust you find in the store.
Making a homemade graham cracker crust really isn't all that difficult. In fact, it's pretty simple and easy, only requiring 4 simple ingredients.
This graham cracker crust recipe makes a great pie crust or cheesecake crust. With a cheesecake, you need that deeper, somewhat thicker crust, and this one definitely fits the bill.
You can pair this graham cracker crust with yummy desserts like blueberry cream cheese pie, Instant Pot pumpkin spice cheesecake, strawberry swirl cheesecake, or this creamy no bake blueberry dessert. Or switch out the chocolate cookie crust for a graham cracker crust in white chocolate raspberry cheesecake.
WHERE CAN I FIND THE GRAHAM CRACKER CRUST RECIPE?
If you’d rather skip all of my cooking tips, important cooking info for this recipe, and similar recipe ideas – and get straight to the delicious recipe for a graham cracker crust – just scroll down to the bottom, where you’ll find a printable recipe card.
EASY WAYS TO CRUSH GRAHAM CRACKERS
You can crush the graham crackers a couple of ways.
Another way is to use a food processor to grind up the crackers. This will give you an even finer mix of graham cracker crumbs.
HOW CAN I MAKE A GLUTEN FREE GRAHAM CRACKER CRUST?
TIPS FOR HOW TO MAKE AN EASY GRAHAM CRACKER CRUST
Once you've gathered your ingredients, making this crust is a pretty simple process.
- Crush the graham crackers first. You'll need about 2 packs (or 18 sheets) of graham crackers.
- Mix together the crushed grahams, sugar, brown sugar, and melted butter.
- Spray your pan with cooking spray, and press the mixture into your pan.
- Then bake the graham cracker crust according to the recipe instructions below.
WHY DO I HAVE TO BAKE THE CRUST?
You don't technically have to bake the crust, but if you don't, it will be quite soft and crumbly.
Baking a graham cracker crust allows the ingredients to fuse together in such a way that it will hold your dessert well and not fall apart when you take it out of the fridge.
And it only takes about 10 minutes to bake, so it's super quick and easy.
ALTERNATIVE OPTIONS FOR A GRAHAM CRACKER CRUST
There are a few ways you can switch up a graham cracker crust for cheesecake, pie, and all your favorite desserts.
- Instead of regular honey graham crackers, try using cinnamon grahams or chocolate graham crackers.
- Depending on the type of dessert you're making, add spices to your crust mixture, including cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, ginger, or pumpkin pie spice.
- Add a tiny bit of citrus flavoring to your crust with a bit of lemon zest.
CAN I FREEZE A GRAHAM CRACKER CRUST?
Yes, you can. Just make sure it's covered well so it doesn't get freezer burn.
This crust should keep in the freezer for about 3 months.
MORE CRUST RECIPES YOU MAY ENJOY
I really love this chocolate cookie crust I make with my favorite raspberry cheesecake.
DESSERTS YOU CAN PAIR WITH A GRAHAM CRACKER CRUST
Strawberry Miracle Cheesecake is an easy no bake dessert you can pair with a graham crust.
Make a caramel topped pumpkin cheesecake with this recipe from Mommy Hates Cooking.
Strawberry Jello pie, from Flour on My Fingers, is a quick and easy no bake dessert that pairs perfectly with a graham cracker crust.
KITCHEN TOOLS YOU'LL NEED TO MAKE A GRAHAM CRACKER CRUST:
Baking Pan – In this case, I used a 9-inch springform pan, since I was making a cheesecake.
Large Mixing Bowl – You’ll need a bowl for mixing the crushed grahams, sugars, and melted butter together.
GRAHAM CRACKER CRUST RECIPE
If you love this graham cracker crust recipe as much as I do, please write a 5 star review, and help me share the recipe on Facebook and Pinterest!
CONNECT WITH ADVENTURES OF MEL!
Be sure to follow me on social, so you never miss a post!
Sign up to receive my newsletter, filled with delicious recipes and outdoor travel adventures, in your inbox:
Easy Graham Cracker Crust Recipe
- Pre-heat the oven to 350°F.
- Crush the graham crackers, using a rolling pin and Ziploc bag, or a food processor.
- Mix together the graham cracker crumbs, pure cane sugar, and brown sugar.
- Add in the melted butter and mix together well.
- Spray your pan with cooking spray, and press the mixture into your pan**.
- Bake the crust at 350°F for about 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool before filling.