This post may contain affiliate links which means we receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Simple and easy strawberry delight recipe with berries, cream cheese, whipped cream, powdered sugar, and a pecan crust. Dreamy no bake dessert recipe!
Strawberry season is right around the corner, and I've got strawberries on the brain. While I love a good strawberry cream pie, my sweet tooth also loves strawberry delight with its strawberries and cream like filling.
This is one no bake strawberry dessert that's super easy to make. It doesn't take a lot of time.
It also requires no baking, depending on what type of crust you go with. Personally, I love making it with our favorite nutty pie crust, but you can also make it with an easy graham cracker crust.
It does require just a few minutes of stove time to prepare the strawberry filling, but trust me when I say, it's so worth it.
WHERE CAN I FIND THE ACTUAL RECIPE FOR STRAWBERRY DELIGHT?
If you’d rather skip all of my cooking tips, important cooking info for this recipe, and similar recipe ideas – and get straight to the delicious creamy no bake strawberry dessert recipe – just scroll down to the bottom, where you’ll find a printable recipe card.
Start with the Crust
So, first things first, you have to lay a foundation for your dessert. And that means, you need a crust.
If you choose to make my favorite pecan nut pie crust, it's so simple and easy and requires just a few minutes of bake time.
There are other pie crust options, as well. For instance…
- Graham cracker crust
- Pecan Sandies crust – Make it like you would a graham cracker crust.
- Easy shortcut no-roll pie crust (without nuts)
- Vanilla Wafer crust
- Buy a store bought crust and press pecans into it. (This would likely make a smaller pie.)
- Line a graham cracker crust with sliced bananas.
Next Step: Make The Fresh Strawberry Pie Filling
The strawberry pie filling is probably my favorite part of this dessert, besides the cream cheese. It's quick and easy to make too.
Just a few tips…
- Use fresh strawberries. They don't have near the amount of water that frozen berries will have. And they have better flavor.
- Whisk the cornstarch and water together first. This will ensure a lump-free pie filling.
- Bring the entire recipe to a boil, and boil for a good 3 to 5 minutes, or until it really thickens up and becomes a deep red color.
The ingredients and instructions are in the recipe card below.
And Then the Dream Whip Filling
Now some people do make this filling with Cool Whip, but I've carried on my mom's tradition of a creamy Dream Whip filling. I like to call it angel fluff.
When you mix Dream Whip with cream cheese, it becomes this amazing dreamy filling with all that cream cheese goodness. It makes an excellent strawberry no bake dessert.
Just a few tips for how to make the creamy filling…
- Beat the cream cheese separately first thing. This will help it soften up more, and it will blend in better with the Dream Whip, once you're ready for that step.
- Mix the Dream Whip according to the package directions (also included in the recipe card below).
- You can split the Dream Whip filling in half to make 2 smaller pies (also, the strawberry filling above).
- You can save back just a little bit of whipped cream for a whipped topping on the final dessert.
Once your Dream Whip is mixed up, you'll layer it on top of the crust. And then you'll add the strawberry pie filling on top of that dreamy whipped cream cheese layer for the most scrumptious dessert ever.
It's strawberries and cream at its best!
Want More Easy Strawberry Desserts?
- Old Fashioned Strawberry Shortcake with Grandma's Biscuits
- Chocolate Strawberry Tarts
- Easiest Strawberry Pie
Can I Freeze This No Bake Strawberry Dessert?
Yes, you can freeze it. In fact, you can freeze it either before or after you add the berry topping.
Just be sure it's in a sealed container or covered really well so it doesn't get freezer burnt.
It should last up to 6 months in the freezer.
Kitchen Tools You'll Need to Make a Strawberries and Cream No Bake Dessert:
13″x9″ Baking Dish – You’ll need this size baking dish for this recipe. I find myself using this size for so many recipes, not just desserts.
Blender – for puréeing the berries.
Spatula – Where would I be without my spatulas? I have a whole slew of them because we’re ALWAYS using them.
Mixer – You’ll need a mixer to mix together the ingredients for the creamy filling.
Creamy Strawberry Dessert Recipe
If you love this creamy strawberry delight recipe as much as I do, please write a 5 star review, and help me share the recipe on Facebook and Pinterest!
Connect with Adventures of Mel!
Be sure to follow me on social, so you never miss a post!
Sign up to receive my newsletter, filled with delicious recipes and outdoor travel adventures, in your inbox:
- 1 pecan nut pie crust
- 2 1/2 tablespoons corn starch
- 1/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup pure cane sugar
- 1 cup strawberry purée
- 6 cups strawberries, sliced
Dream Whip Filling:
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- 2 envelopes Dream Whip, (1 box)
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Whisk the corn starch and water together in a small glass measuring cup.
- Add the corn starch mixture together with the sugar in a medium to large saucepan.
- Mix in the strawberry purée.
- Bring the mixture to a boil on low to medium heat, constantly stirring with a spatula to avoid scorching.
- Once the mixture boils, cook it for 3 to 5 more minutes, or until it thickens and turns a deep red.
- Remove the strawberry sauce from the heat, and allow it to cool.*
- Meanwhile, using a mixer, beat the cream cheese well.
- In a separate mixer bowl, whisk together the Dream Whip with the milk and vanilla, according to package directions. Whisk it until it begins to form soft peaks, about 4 minutes.
- Add the cream cheese and powdered sugar to the Dream Whip mixture, and whisk for 3 to 5 minutes, or until it's smooth and creamy.
- Spread the Dream Whip cream cheese filling onto the prepared pie crust.**
- Once the strawberry sauce has cooled enough, mix the sliced strawberries into the sauce.
- Spread the strawberries and sauce mixture over the Dream Whip filling.
- Cover your no bake strawberry dessert and allow it to chill in the fridge for at least 4 hours, or overnight if possible.
- When it's ready to serve, you can top it off with a dollop of whipped cream or serve it as is. It's so delicious!
*I like to put my strawberry sauce in the freezer while I go about mixing up the rest of the pie. About 30 minutes in the freezer (with occasional stirring) will cool it enough that you can finish making the dessert.
**You can use a regular pie crust or a graham cracker crust. Or get creative with the other options I included in the post above.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 328 Total Fat: 15g Saturated Fat: 8g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 6g Cholesterol: 32mg Sodium: 157mg Carbohydrates: 46g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 35g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 4g