This post may contain affiliate links which means we receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase.
Cold and flu season has descended upon us like a million bats out of you know where. Our oldest has the flu as I write this, which means it’s time for a little TLC with homemade Instant Pot chicken noodle soup.
Dan and I actually made this a few weeks ago for one of our first weekly shows, and it was a huge hit. I don’t know if it’s because it’s chicken noodle soup or because it’s made in the Instant Pot. But I do know that it’s become one of my favorite soups, especially this time of year.
What Is It About Soup?
There’s just something about chicken soup when you’re sick. It’s soothing, it’s delicious, it’s piping hot, and it’s full of good wholesome nutrition. We prefer to make it homemade. We used to stock up on cans of chicken noodle soup every fall, but then we started making more homemade soups because canned got to be so expensive. When we tried canned again for a quick meal, it just didn’t taste good anymore. Our taste buds had gotten accustomed to home cooked soup right from our very own kitchen.
You might think homemade is time-consuming and difficult to make. But not so, especially when you make it in the Instant Pot (or even a good old-fashioned slow cooker). Our Instant Pot has become a staple in our kitchen. We use it for everything, from making baby food to making entire meals, like Caulifower, Sausage, and Chicken Casserole or Chili.
There are a few veggies to chop for this soup, but you can chop them ahead of time to save you even more time and energy. And you could always make a batch of this soup and freeze it for when you need it.
Looking for more delicious soup recipes?
- Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Soup
- Instant Pot Vegetable Soup
- Olive Garden Chicken and Gnocchi Soup (Copycat)
- Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili
- Creamy Potato Corn Chowder
- 15 Bean Soup with Rice
- 30 Soup, Stew, Chowder, and Chili Recipes to Warm Up Your Kitchen
Below is the printable recipe for our delicious chicken noodle soup. You can also watch us make it on our weekly show. Enjoy!
Print the recipe for Easy Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup
Easy Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup
- 3 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 1/4 cups onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 1/4 cups carrots chopped
- 1 1/4 cups celery chopped
- 1 pound chicken cooked and chopped
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 package homestyle noodles
- Dash of celery salt optional
- Cook chicken beforehand in Instant Pot.
- Remove and set aside.
- Wash and chop carrots, celery, onion, and garlic.
- Sauté all the vegetables in butter in the Instant Pot for 2-3 minutes, or until soft.
- Add in chopped chicken and broth, stirring well.
- Add noodles and cook 'til the noodles are done.
- Add a dash of celery salt, if desired.
- Serve and enjoy!