Cold and flu season has descended upon us like a million bats out of you know where. Our oldest has the flu as I write this, which means it's time for a little TLC with homemade Instant Pot chicken noodle soup.
Dan and I actually made this a few weeks ago for one of our first weekly shows, and it was a huge hit.
I don't know if it's because it's chicken noodle soup or because it's made in the Instant Pot. But I do know that it's become one of my favorite soups, especially this time of year.
What Is It About Soup?
There's just something about chicken soup when you're sick. It's soothing, it's delicious, it's piping hot, and it's full of good wholesome nutrition.
We prefer to make it homemade. We used to stock up on cans of chicken noodle soup every fall, but then we started making more homemade soups because canned got to be so expensive.
When we tried canned again for a quick meal, it just didn't taste good anymore. Our taste buds had gotten accustomed to home cooked soup right from our very own kitchen.
You might think homemade is time-consuming and difficult to make. But not so, especially when you make it in the Instant Pot (or even a good old-fashioned slow cooker).
There are a few veggies to chop for this soup, but you can chop them ahead of time to save you even more time and energy. And you could always make a batch of this soup and freeze it for when you need it.
Looking for more delicious soup recipes?
- Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Soup
- Instant Pot Vegetable Soup
- Olive Garden Chicken and Gnocchi Soup (Copycat)
- Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili
- Creamy Potato Corn Chowder
- 15 Bean Soup with Rice
- Pressure cooker potato soup
Below is the printable recipe for our delicious chicken noodle soup. You can also watch us make it on our weekly show. Enjoy!
Print the recipe for Easy Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup
Easy Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup
- Cook chicken beforehand in Instant Pot.
- Remove and set aside.
- Wash and chop carrots, celery, onion, and garlic.
- Sauté all the vegetables in butter in the Instant Pot for 2-3 minutes, or until soft.
- Add in chopped chicken and broth, stirring well.
- Add noodles and cook 'til the noodles are done.
- Add a dash of celery salt, if desired.
- Serve and enjoy!
Can't make it just yet? Pin it for later!