This post may contain affiliate links which means we receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase.
Chili is one of my all-time favorite meals; in fact, the whole family loves it. We don’t eat it quite as much as we used to because the beans add a lot of carbs for Dan; but it’s an occasional meal that we all enjoy. Of course, an easy Instant Pot chili is even better because it makes dinner prep that much simpler.
From Vegetarian Chili to Instant Pot Chili with Meat
Back in the day we used to make a vegetarian chili using soy crumbles. I’m not sure what I was thinking. My guys really didn’t like soy crumbles, but I’d “heard” they were healthier. I’ve since come to find out that soy is really not that good for you, especially when you have thyroid issues (as I do). And to be quite honest, we love our meat. We eat more of a low carb, high fat diet these days (most of the time… some of us still get a few carbs in). And ground beef is now a healthy addition to our Instant Pot chili.
We’ve been making this chili for awhile. I personally love a nice skillet cornbread with this chili. And we’ve been known to serve it with tortilla chips if we don’t have cornbread. But for the most part, we enjoy it with a dollop of sour cream and a bit of shredded cheddar.
If you love a warm bowl of chili, you’ll love this recipe. It’ll warm your heart and soul like no other. Below is the printable recipe. Enjoy!
Looking for more Instant Pot dinner ideas?
- Instant Pot Cauliflower, Sausage, and Chicken Casserole
- Chicken Noodle Soup
- Instant Pot Southern Green Beans
- Easy Instant Pot Vegetable Soup
- Delicious Instant Pot Corn on the Cob
This chili also makes a tasty addition to your next Baked Potato Bar.
Learn how to quickly use your Instant Pot with our Instant Pot Quick Start Guide, filled with practical tips, Instant Pot recipes, accessory ideas, and more!
Print the Recipe for Easy Instant Pot Chili
Easy Instant Pot Chili
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon salted butter
- 1/2 large onion minced
- 2 cans chili beans
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 2 small cans tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon blackstrap molasses
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- Brown the ground beef in the butter.
- Meanwhile, mince the onion.
- Add the onion in with the ground beef.
- Once the ground beef is browned, add in the rest of your ingredients.
- Put the cover on your Instant Pot, and set it to cook for 10-15 minutes.
- Once it's cooked, let it rest and naturally release pressure.
- Serve with sour cream, shredded cheddar, and whatever else your heart desires. Enjoy!