Chili and cornbread together is one of my all-time favorite meals; in fact, the whole family loves it. Of course, easy Instant Pot chili is even better because it makes dinner prep that much simpler.
Back in the day we used to make a vegetarian chili using soy crumbles. I'm not sure what I was thinking. My guys really didn't like soy crumbles, but I'd “heard” they were healthier.
I've since come to find out that soy is really not that good for you, especially when you have thyroid issues (as I do). And to be quite honest, we love our meat.
We eat more of a low carb, high fat diet these days (most of the time… some of us still get a few carbs in). And ground beef is now a healthy addition to our Instant Pot chili.
We've been making this chili for awhile. I personally love a nice skillet cornbread with this chili.
And we've been known to serve it with tortilla chips if we don't have cornbread.
But for the most part, we enjoy it with a dollop of sour cream and a bit of shredded cheddar.
If you love a warm bowl of chili, you'll love this recipe. It'll warm your heart and soul like no other. Below is the printable recipe. Enjoy!
Looking for more Instant Pot dinner ideas?
- Easy Instant Pot potato soup
- Instant Pot Cauliflower, Sausage, and Chicken Casserole
- Chicken Noodle Soup
- Instant Pot Southern Green Beans
- Easy Instant Pot Vegetable Soup
- Delicious Instant Pot Corn on the Cob
This chili also makes a tasty addition to your next Baked Potato Bar. And it would make and excellent chili dip.
Learn how to quickly use your Instant Pot with our Instant Pot Quick Start Guide, filled with practical tips, Instant Pot recipes, accessory ideas, and more!
Print the Recipe for Easy Instant Pot Chili
Easy Instant Pot Chili
- 1 tablespoon salted butter
- 1 medium yellow onion minced
- 1 pound ground beef
- 32 ounces chili beans
- 14.5 ounces diced tomatoes
- 16 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- Using the Sauté function on the Instant Pot, melt the butter right in the pot.
- Then sauté the onion in the butter, 'til it starts to soften.
- Stir the ground beef in with the onion, cooking 'til the meat is browned.
- Add in the chili beans, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, molasses, and chili powder, stirring everything together.
- Put the cover on your Instant Pot, seal the vent, and set it to cook for about 10 minutes.
- Once it's cooked, let it naturally release pressure.
- Serve with sour cream, shredded cheese, and whatever else your heart desires.