This post may contain affiliate links which means we receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Dan happens to love cheesecake, so his birthday was the perfect time to try another recipe from Grandma's recipe box.
This recipe is more of a Jello-based recipe, though, with a delicious graham cracker crust.
At first, while making it the other night, I wasn't sure it was going to turn out so good. It was a bit runny, even after whipping it for quite some time with the mixer.
However, it really set well after a little time in the fridge. I was also afraid the lemon flavor might be overpowering, but it really isn't; it's de-lish.
This made the perfect birthday cheesecake, but it'd also make a great treat for Valentine's Day coming up. Enjoy…. and Happy Birthday to my sweetie….
Other Cheesecake Recipes You May Enjoy:
- 1 lemon Jello
- 1 cup boiling water
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 can Milnot, chilled
- 1 large graham cracker crust
- Dissolve lemon Jello in 1 cup boiling water. Add lemon juice. Let cool.
- Cream the cream cheese and sugar together, and add vanilla. Add Jello mix to this 'til smooth. Milnot should have been chilled; whip the Milnot until stiff. Mix together with cream cheese/Jello mixture.
- For crust, crush 1/2 lb. graham crackers, and add butter. Cover pan with crust, and save part of it to sprinkle on top if desired (I did not do this; I made an extra thick crust, as it's Dan's favorite part of cheesecake).
- Serve with strawberries or other fruit topping, chocolate fondue, etc., along with whipped topping. Serves 15 people.