Bake up a Jiffy corn casserole with cream cheese and bacon. Simple and easy make ahead recipe that's cheesy and delicious. Perfect side dish for a crowd!
It's the perfect complement to a nice ham or turkey dinner. And just like our Mexican corn casserole, it has bacon too. Because we all know, bacon makes everything better!
We also make this corn casserole with Jiffy mix. It gives it a kind of breading but in a very moist, delicious sort of way, and it's all mixed in with the rest of the ingredients.
What you end up with is a very creamy, flavorful, cheesy side dish you'll likely add to your holiday menu from henceforth and forevermore.
I like to make it in my slow cooker too, making it easy to transport and keep warm. In fact, I might love CrockPot corn casserole a tad bit more, if that's even possible.
Let's talk about how to make this scrumptious corn casserole with bacon.
WHERE CAN I FIND THE ACTUAL RECIPE CARD?
If you’d rather skip all of my cooking tips, important cooking info for this recipe, and similar recipe ideas – and get straight to the recipe – just scroll down to the bottom, where you’ll find a printable recipe card.
IS JIFFY CORN CASSEROLE THE SAME AS JIFFY CORN PUDDING?
Yes, it's the same as corn pudding. You’re basically mixing a bunch of ingredients together to create a creamy side dish.
The casserole isn’t fully stable either, like a slice of corn bread would be. It requires you to spoon it onto your plate, versus eating with your hands.
INGREDIENTS YOU'LL NEED:
- Green onions
- Cream cheese
- Heavy whipping cream
- Salted butter
- Sour cream
- Frozen corn
- Jiffy corn muffin mix
- Black pepper
- Cheddar cheese
- Colby Jack cheese
Keep in mind, all of the amounts you'll need are in the printable recipe card below.
KITCHEN TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT YOU'LL NEED:
Saucepan – You’ll need a medium-sized saucepan to cook up the cream cheese mixture.
Heat Resistant Spatula – Works well for stirring and scraping the sides of the pan.
HOW TO MAKE CORN CASSEROLE
You can make corn casserole ahead of time and warm it up for your holiday dinner.
Before you get started mixing it up, be sure to cook the bacon and set it aside. You'll need 5 to 6 slices, so you can even cook a little extra at breakfast and stick it in the fridge 'til you need it.
Also, you'll need to mince the green onions and have those ready to go.
Here are the steps for making it…
- In a medium saucepan, add the cream cheese, heavy whipping cream, salted butter, sugar, and sour cream. Cook the mixture on low heat until the cream cheese is fully melted. Use a heat resistant spatula to constantly stir and keep the mixture from scorching.
- Then in a large mixing bowl, mix together the cream cheese mixture, crumbled bacon, minced green onions, frozen corn, JIFFY Corn Muffin Mix (1/2 the box), salt, and pepper.
- Pour the casserole mixture into the greased baking dish, making sure it's evenly spread throughout the dish, and bake according to the instructions in the recipe card below.
- Finally, add shredded cheese to the top of the casserole, and bake an additional 10 minutes.
Serve the deliciously cheesy corn casserole while warm and enjoy! It's so good!
IS CORN CASSEROLE GLUTEN-FREE?
It's not gluten-free if made with ordinary Jiffy mix. BUT… That doesn't mean you can't make it gluten-free.
In fact, I found a great recipe for Gluten Free Jiffy-Style Corn Muffin Mix over at Gluten Free on a Shoestring. I can't wait to try substituting this cornbread mix for the Jiffy mix in my own casserole this Thanksgiving.
CAN YOU FREEZE CORN CASSEROLE?
Absolutely, yes, you can! The ingredients used in corn casserole are all pretty conducive to freezing.
WHAT GOES WITH CORN CASSEROLE?
- Homemade Mashed Potatoes
- Maple Bourbon Roasted Turkey
- Pineapple Honey Ham
- Cranberry Relish
- Southern Green Beans
- Honey Glazed Carrots
- Hash Brown Potato Casserole
GET THE PRINTABLE RECIPE
If you love this Jiffy corn casserole recipe as much as we do, please write a 5 star review, and help me share the recipe on Facebook and Pinterest!
Jiffy Corn Casserole with Cream Cheese and Bacon
- Silicone Heat Resistant Spatula Set
- Spring Chef Box Grater
- Pyrex Basics 3 Quart Glass Baking Dish with Lid
- Pre-heat the oven to 325°.
- Cook the bacon and set aside.
- Mince the green onions and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, add cream cheese, heavy whipping cream, salted butter, sugar, and sour cream.
- Cook the mixture on low heat until the cream cheese is fully melted. Constantly stir to keep the mixture from scorching.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the cream cheese mixture, crumbled bacon, minced green onions, frozen corn, JIFFY Corn Muffin Mix (1/2 a box), salt, and pepper.
- Pour the casserole mixture into the baking dish, making sure it's evenly spread throughout the dish.
- Bake at 325° for about 55 minutes or until the mixture is set.
- Add shredded cheese to the top of the casserole, and bake an additional 10 minutes.
- Serve while warm and enjoy!
(Publishing Note: Recipe originally published in October 2017. Photos and tips updated in September 2019.)