Bacon, egg, and cheese muffins made with eggs, bacon, cheese, peppers, tomatoes, and basil. Easy, make ahead, low carb breakfast idea!
Breakfast Muffin Cups are a healthy breakfast idea, and they're super easy to make ahead of time. You can add a crescent roll crust to the bottom of each muffin, or you can go with the low carb option and just leave the crust out.
When I mixed up this particular batch of muffins, I actually put them in the fridge overnight. Next morning I popped a couple in the microwave, and they were good to go.
I JUST WANT THE RECIPE! TAKE ME TO THE RECIPE FOR BACON, EGG, AND CHEESE BREAKFAST MUFFIN CUPS!
If you’d rather skip all of my cooking tips, important cooking info for this recipe, and similar recipe ideas – and get straight to this delicious bacon, egg, and cheese breakfast muffin cups recipe – just scroll down to the bottom, where you’ll find a printable recipe card.
Bacon, Egg, and Cheese Breakfast Muffin Cups are so easy to make. Here's how!
Cook your bacon first. While it's cooking, you can chop up the pepper and tomatoes.
Once the bacon is fully cooked, crumble it up.
Beat the eggs, heavy whipping cream, salt, and pepper together with a fork or whisk. Add in the chopped pepper, tomatoes, basil, crumbled bacon, and shredded cheese, mixing it all together well.
If you choose to use crescent rolls, tear each one into a piece large enough to press into each muffin cup. If not, just skip this step.
Then pour the egg mixture into each muffin cup, filling 'til each cup is about 3/4 of the way full.
Bake at 375° for about 30 minutes or until egg is set and cooked thru.
Serve and enjoy the Breakfast Muffin Cups while they're warm! Or you can let them cool, refrigerate overnight, and warm them up the next morning!
Ways you could switch up the recipe…
- Add minced onions.
- Or if you like them better, add chopped green onions.
- Add chopped up spinach to the egg mixture.
- Use smoked cheese or Queso Fresco in place of cheddar or Colby Jack.
- Add a different type of meat, like ham or sausage. Or go meatless.
Looking for more breakfast ideas involving eggs?
- McDonald's Egg McMuffin (Copycat)
- Bacon, Egg, and Cheese Breakfast Burrito
- Tex-Mex Omelette
- Egg in a Hole with Cheese
- Cheesy Baked Frittata with Ham, Peppers, and Tomatoes
Print the recipe for Bacon, Egg, and Cheese Breakfast Muffin Cups!
Bacon, Egg, and Cheese Muffins
- Muffin Tin
- Pre-heat the oven to 375° F and grease a muffin tin.
- Add the butter to a large skillet over medium heat.
- Sauté the minced bell pepper in the melted butter for 3 to 5 minutes, or until the peppers begin to soften. Then remove the peppers from the skillet and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, heavy whipping cream, salt, and pepper.
- Stir in the bell pepper, chopped tomatoes, basil, crumbled bacon, and shredded cheese, mixing everything together well.
- Then pour the egg mixture into the muffin tin, filling each muffin cup about 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake at 375° F for about 30 minutes, or until the egg muffins are fluffy, not jiggly, and have reached 160° F with a meat thermometer.
- Allow the muffins to cool for 2 to 3 minutes in the pan; then run a table knife around the edges of the muffin cups, and pop the muffins out onto a wire rack to cool.
- Serve immediately with your favorite toppings and sides!