This post may contain affiliate links which means we receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Eggs are one of my favorite foods, and I'm not just saying that. I mean, think about it…. they taste so good, they're filling, they're full of protein, and they're so healthy. I can hardly function without my morning breakfast of eggs and toast. Of course, sometimes I love making something “breakfast-y” for dinner too…. or even a weekend brunch, especially when we have a lot of extra eggs on hand. A Cheesy Baked Frittata is perfect for breakfast, brunch, or dinner and incorporates fresh veggies like onion, peppers, and tomatoes.
Harvest time is the perfect time to make this particular frittata. It's packed full of flavor with fresh chopped peppers and tomatoes. Queso Fresco also adds quite the cheesy punch.
I normally keep a weekly menu on the fridge, but sometimes we're just not feelin' what I'd planned at the start of the week. You know how it goes. Either it doesn't sound good, or we're feeling a little lazy. On weeknights when we're just not sure what to eat for dinner, eggs usually make the cut. Whether we make a breakfast bake, breakfast for dinner, or egg sandwiches, they're just so versatile and easy.
Below you'll find a printable recipe for this Cheesy Baked Frittata. Enjoy!
Hungry for more breakfast recipes?
- Bacon, Egg, and Cheese Breakfast Muffin Cups
- Smoky Cheddar Breakfast Bake
- Easy Omelet Breakfast Muffin
- McDonald's Egg McMuffin (Copycat)
- 10-12 eggs
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3-4 small to medium peppers, chopped
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 2 to matoes, chopped
- 5-6 slices ham
- 10 oz. Queso Fresco
- Salt & Pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 350°.
- Wash and chop peppers, onion, and tomatoes. Set aside.
- Beat eggs and whipping cream together in medium sized bowl. Add a dash of salt and pepper.
- Tear ham into bite-sized pieces and add to egg mixture.
- Add chopped veggies.
- Crumble Queso Fresco into mixture.
- Pour into greased, oven-safe skillet, and bake at 350° for about 1 hour, or until eggs are set and cooked to temperature.
- Serve while warm and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 522 Total Fat: 39g Saturated Fat: 19g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 15g Cholesterol: 493mg Sodium: 1219mg Carbohydrates: 6g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 4g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 38g