Breakfast is one of my favorite meals of the day, especially on a holiday or a weekend when we might be a little more free to do as we wish. I love a good omelette, and Dan makes the absolute best omelettes in the world. When you combine Tex-Mex and the ever delicious omelette… well, you've got a winning omelette recipe and a yummy breakfast idea.
Usually we just add a few veggies and a little cheese to our omelettes. Sometimes we'll add a little ham or bacon. This time, however, we used tenderloin tips we picked up at our local meat shop. The tenderloin adds flavor like no other, especially when combined with different cheeses and vegetables.
Below you'll find the printable recipe. Memorial Day is coming up. What better way to celebrate than with an omelette to start your day?!
IF YOU LOVE THIS TEX-MEX OMELETTE RECIPE, TRY SOME OF OUR OTHER BREAKFAST FAVORITES:
Bacon, Egg, and Cheese Breakfast Muffin Cups
McDonald’s Egg McMuffin (Copycat Recipe)
- 2 eggs/omelette
- 1 lb. tenderloin tips
- 5-6 small peppers
- 5-7 green onions
- 2-3 to matoes
- 10 oz. Queso Fresco
- 2-4 oz. shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2-4 oz. shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Sour cream and salsa
- Wash and chop peppers, green onions, and tomatoes.
- Sauté peppers and green onions for 3-5 minutes, or until tender; remove and set aside.
- Cook tenderloin tips in skillet until done to preference.
- Combine peppers and green onions with meat; remove and set aside.
- Beat 2 eggs/omelette.
- Pour enough egg for 1 omelette into small skillet; sprinkle with Queso Fresco, and cook for 2-3 minutes or until done on one side.
- Flip omelette over and cook other side for 2-3 minutes or until nearly done on that side.
- Add small amount of filling, including tenderloin tips, peppers, green onions, tomatoes, Cheddar, and Monterey Jack, to half of one side of the omelette.
- Close omelette by folding over. Cook for 1-2 minutes more or until cheeses begin to melt and inside of omelette is hot.
- Serve immediately with cilantro, avocado, sour cream, and salsa. Enjoy!