This post may contain affiliate links which means we receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase.
McDonald’s Egg McMuffin – Made with Canadian bacon, eggs, and cheese, this copycat recipe is a delicious homemade breakfast sandwich and a super easy recipe for busy mornings!
McDonald’s Egg McMuffin is a delicious breakfast sandwich and an easy recipe to make on those busy mornings when you need to fly out the door. Mornings when school and work are calling… I know… It can be tempting to skip breakfast altogether and just get a move on.
But this recipe makes it easy to enjoy a quick meal or make it ahead, warm it up, and grab it on the go. No need to skip out on the most important meal of the day.
Next to sausage egg muffins, it’s easily one of my favorite breakfast recipes. I think the melted cheesy goodness is my favorite part.
We usually don’t eat out for breakfast unless we’re on a trip, or Dan and I have gone out for a breakfast date. And why pack everyone up in the car when I can totally throw this sandwich together at home? Homemade is everything.
All you need are a few ingredients to make a quick, simple breakfast the whole family will enjoy.
I JUST WANT THE RECIPE! TAKE ME TO THE RECIPE FOR MCDONALD’S EGG MCMUFFIN!
If you’d rather skip all of my cooking tips, important cooking info for this recipe, and similar recipe ideas – and get straight to this delicious McDonald’s Egg McMuffin recipe – just scroll down to the bottom, where you’ll find a printable recipe card.
Tips for how to make McDonald’s Egg McMuffin
Gather your ingredients… You’ll need English muffins, salted butter, American cheese, eggs, and Canadian bacon.
Pre-heat the oven to 300°F.
Warm the sliced Canadian bacon by frying it on the griddle, as well.
Slice the English muffins in half, and toast them in a toaster.
Spread a thin layer of butter on each toasted English muffin half.
Add a slice of cheese to the bottom half of each English muffin.
Place the English muffins on a cookie sheet and into the oven, and allow the cheese to just slightly melt; it will only take about 3 to 5 minutes.
Remove the English muffins from the oven and begin layering… You’ll add an egg to the cheese covered bottom, add another slice of cheese on top of that egg, add a second egg, and then a slice of Canadian bacon, followed by the English muffin top.
Serve while warm and enjoy! Mmmm, they’re so good!
Alternative Options for your Egg McMuffin
There are a few things you could do a bit differently, to make this suit your tastes even more.
- Use bacon or sausage instead of Canadian bacon.
- Make this sandwich using egg whites instead of 2 whole eggs.
- Scramble your eggs instead of frying them.
- Do you need the round egg mold? Not if you don’t care whether or not your egg is round… We usually make ours without one, so totally not necessary.
- Substitute a different kind of cheese, like cheddar, Swiss cheese, etc. The sky’s the limit when it comes to cheese.
- Instead of English muffins, make this same recipe using bread thins, bagels, toast, or biscuits.
- Add a dollop of salsa for a li’l kick.
Hungry for more easy breakfast ideas?
Kitchen tools you may need to make a McDonald’s Egg McMuffin
Round Egg Mold – It allows you to make perfectly round eggs, pancakes, etc.
Round Iron Griddle – Comes in so handy for so many things, even grilled cheese.
Flipper Spatula – A kitchen staple for flipping eggs, burgers, grilled cheese, etc.
Bread Slicing Knife – for slicing the English muffins in half.
Cookie Sheet – This’ll come in handy when it’s time to bake the English muffins and melt the cheese.
LOW CARB SAUSAGE EGG MUFFINS RECIPE
If you love this low carb sausage egg muffins recipe as much as I do, please write a 5 star review, and help me share the recipe on Facebook and Pinterest!
CONNECT WITH ADVENTURES OF MEL!
Be sure to follow me on social, so you never miss a post!
Sign up to receive my newsletter, filled with delicious recipes and outdoor travel adventures, in your inbox:
McDonald's Egg McMuffin (Copycat)
McDonald's Egg McMuffin, made with Canadian bacon, eggs, and cheese, is a delicious homemade breakfast sandwich and a super easy recipe for busy mornings!
- 6 English muffins
- Salted butter
- 12 slices American cheese
- 1 dozen eggs
- 6 slices Canadian bacon
- Gather your ingredients... You'll need English muffins, salted butter, American cheese, eggs, and Canadian bacon.
- Pre-heat the oven to 300°F.
- Fry the eggs, 'til they're well done, using a round egg mold if you really want a round egg. We fry ours up in just a little bit of butter (or bacon grease) on a round iron griddle.
- Warm the sliced Canadian bacon by frying it on the griddle, as well.
- Slice the English muffins in half, and toast them in a toaster.
- Spread a thin layer of butter on each toasted English muffin half.
- Add a slice of cheese to the bottom half of each English muffin.
- Place the English muffins on a cookie sheet and into the oven, and allow the cheese to just slightly melt; it will only take about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove the English muffins from the oven and begin layering... You'll add an egg to the cheese covered bottom, add another slice of cheese on top of that egg, add a second egg, and then a slice of Canadian bacon, followed by the English muffin top.
- Serve while warm and enjoy!