This post may contain affiliate links which means we receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Egg McMuffin – McDonald’s Egg McMuffin, made with Canadian bacon, eggs, and cheese, is a delicious homemade breakfast sandwich and easy copycat recipe for busy mornings!
McDonald’s Egg McMuffin is a delicious breakfast sandwich and an easy recipe to make on those busy mornings when you need to fly out the door. Mornings when school and work are calling.
I know… It can be tempting to skip breakfast altogether and just get a move on.
But this recipe makes it easy to enjoy a quick meal or make it ahead, warm it up, and grab it on the go. No need to skip out on the most important meal of the day.
We usually don’t eat out for breakfast unless we’re on a trip, or Dan and I have gone out for a breakfast date. And why pack everyone up in the car when I can totally throw this sandwich together at home?
Homemade is everything. All you need are a few ingredients to make a quick, simple breakfast the whole family will enjoy.
WHERE CAN I FIND THE RECIPE FOR MCDONALD’S EGG MCMUFFIN?
If you’d rather skip all of my cooking tips, important cooking info for this recipe, and similar recipe ideas – and get straight to this delicious Egg McMuffin recipe – just scroll down to the bottom, where you’ll find a printable recipe card.
CAN I MAKE AHEAD AND FREEZE A BATCH OF EGG MCMUFFIN SANDWICHES?
Yes, you can. You can make these while doing meal prep for the week and put them in the freezer, then re-heat later on.
TIPS FOR MAKING THE MOST AWESOME EGG MCMUFFIN
Gather your ingredients… You’ll need English muffins, salted butter, American cheese, eggs, and Canadian bacon.
- To get the round shape of the eggs, you can use a round egg mold.
- We fry our eggs up in just a little bit of bacon grease on a round iron griddle. You can use butter in place of bacon grease if you don’t have any.
- Before compiling your sandwiches, place the cheese laden English muffins on a cookie sheet and into the oven, and allow the cheese to just slightly melt; it will only take about 3 to 5 minutes.
ALTERNATIVE RECIPE OPTIONS FOR YOUR EGG MCMUFFIN
There are a few things you could do a bit differently, to make this sandwich suit your tastes even more.
- Use bacon or sausage instead of Canadian bacon.
- Make this sandwich using egg whites instead of 2 whole eggs.
- Scramble your eggs instead of frying them.
- Do you need the round egg mold? Not if you don’t care whether or not your egg is round… We usually make ours without one, so totally not necessary.
- Substitute a different kind of cheese, like cheddar, Swiss cheese, etc. The sky’s the limit when it comes to cheese.
- Instead of English muffins, make this same recipe using bread thins, bagels, toast, or biscuits.
- Add a dollop of salsa for a li’l kick.
HUNGRY FOR MORE BREAKFAST SANDWICH RECIPES?
KITCHEN TOOLS YOU’LL NEED TO MAKE AN EGG MCMUFFIN
Round Egg Mold – It allows you to make perfectly round eggs, pancakes, etc.
Round Iron Griddle – Comes in so handy for so many things, even grilled cheese.
Flipper Spatula – A kitchen staple for flipping eggs, burgers, grilled cheese, etc.
Bread Slicing Knife – for slicing the English muffins in half.
Cookie Sheet – This’ll come in handy when it’s time to bake the English muffins and melt the cheese.
MCDONALD’S EGG MCMUFFIN BREAKFAST SANDWICH RECIPE
If you love this Egg McMuffin recipe as much as I do, please write a 5 star review, and help me share the recipe on Facebook and Pinterest!
CONNECT WITH ADVENTURES OF MEL!
Be sure to follow me on social, so you never miss a post!
Sign up to receive my newsletter, filled with delicious recipes and outdoor travel adventures, in your inbox:
McDonald’s Egg McMuffin Breakfast Sandwich
McDonald’s Egg McMuffin, made with Canadian bacon, eggs, and cheese, is a delicious homemade breakfast sandwich and easy copycat recipe for busy mornings!
- 6 English muffins
- 8 tablespoons salted butter
- 12 slices American cheese
- 12 large eggs
- 6 slices Canadian bacon
- Pre-heat the oven to 300°F.
- Fry the eggs, ’til they’re well done, using a round egg mold if you really want a round egg.*
- Warm the sliced Canadian bacon by frying it on the griddle, as well.
- Slice the English muffins in half, and toast them in a toaster.
- Spread a thin layer of butter on each toasted English muffin half.
- Add a slice of cheese to the bottom half of each English muffin.
- Place the English muffins on a cookie sheet and into the oven, and allow the cheese to just slightly melt; it will only take about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove the English muffins from the oven and begin layering… You’ll add an egg to the cheese covered bottom, add another slice of cheese on top of that egg, add a second egg, and then a slice of Canadian bacon, followed by the English muffin top.
- Serve while warm and enjoy!
*We fry our eggs in just a little bit of butter (or bacon grease) on a round iron griddle.