This post may feature affiliate links or partner companies. Read our full disclosure policy .
Apple Bundt Cake, made with apples, cinnamon, walnuts, and a caramel cream cheese glaze. Makes a scrumptious fall and holiday dessert!
Apple bundt cake is the quintessential fall and holiday dessert. It’s perfect for apple picking season, makes an amazing Thanksgiving dessert, and can still be enjoyed at Christmas time!
This happens to be my mama’s recipe for apple cake. If I remember, Mom used to make it in a rectangular cake pan, and she wouldn’t usually frost it. It was perfectly delicious without icing; the outer crust has a slightly chewy texture to it.
I decided to try making it in a bundt pan. I knew that the batter would be quite thick, so I figured it’d work just fine. And man, did it ever turn out.
In fact, as soon as I was done with all of my video/photo taking for this recipe, my boys pounced. I don’t think I need to tell you that it didn’t last long. Thankfully, I was able to quickly scramble to save back a nice portion for our neighbor.
Here’s how to make Apple Bundt Cake.
Apple Bundt Cake is a pretty simple recipe to make. Wash the apples first; then core, peel, and dice them. You’ll need about 3 cups of diced apples.
This time ’round, I used Pink Lady apples. But, judging from my recipe card, it would seem Mom and Grandma preferred using yellow apples. It’s totally up to you; just pick a sweet tarty apple, and you’ll be fine.
Mix together the sugar, oil, eggs, and vanilla. Then sift together the flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
Mix the dry ingredients together with the wet ingredients, adding in the diced apples, as well. It will all combine to make a very stiff batter, perfect for a bundt cake. At this point, you can even add in walnuts, which I highly recommend; they just add an overall oomph to the cake.
Pour the batter into a well greased pan. Bake at 350° for about 45 minutes to an hour, or until a toothpick inserted in the cake comes out clean.
Now I will tell you, this cake is really good without the glaze; it has a chewy texture and such a sweet flavor all by itself. However, if you prefer the glaze, you can mix together the ingredients for a Caramel Cream Cheese Glaze. And once the cake has cooled completely, you can pour the glaze evenly over the top, letting it run down the sides. Then sprinkle walnuts on top.
The combination of flavors makes this cake such a delectable fall dessert. I’m definitely adding this recipe to my lists of The Best Thanksgiving Recipes for Your Holiday Menu and The Best Christmas Recipes for Your Holiday Celebrations.
Looking for more scrumptious apple recipes?
Want to see how to make the recipe? Watch our video!
Print the recipe for Apple Bundt Cake.
Apple Bundt Cake with a Caramel Cream Cheese Glaze
- Pre-heat the oven to 350°.
- Wash, core, peel, and dice about 3 cups of apples.
- Mix together sugar, oil, eggs, and vanilla.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- Mix dry ingredients together with wet ingredients, adding in the apples as well; it will make a very stiff batter.
- Nuts are an optional add-in at this point, but I highly recommend walnuts.
- Pour the batter into a well greased bundt cake pan.
- Bake at 350° for about 45 minutes to an hour, or until a toothpick inserted in the cake comes out clean.
- Once you remove the cake from the oven, let it sit in the bundt pan for about 10 minutes.
- Remove the cake from the bundt pan, and allow to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, mix up the ingredients for the glaze, including cream cheese, salted butter, vanilla, caramel extract, powdered sugar, and milk.
- Mix well, making sure there are no lumps; the glaze should easily pour from a measuring cup.
- Once the cake has cooled, pour the glaze evenly over the top of the cake. It will run down the sides of the cake.
- Sprinkle walnuts over the glaze.
- Slice, serve, and enjoy!