This post may contain affiliate links which means we receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase.
Fall is here, and my taste buds are hoppin’ with all sorts of ideas for apple this, cinnamon that, pumpkin this, nutmeg that… All the apple recipes! Fall is all about the cozy side of food and home.
What could be more cozy than a stack of pancakes with a pat of butter on top, drizzled with a hearty amount of warm maple syrup? Can’t think of a thing, can you?
Instead of adding an egg to my normal batch of pancakes, I decided to go with applesauce to add a nice fall flavor. A dash or two of cinnamon completed this fall breakfast creation. My mouth is actually starting to water, just thinking about it.
This pancake recipe is super easy to make and perfect for a weekend breakfast. Grab the griddle and the mixing bowl, and get down to cookin’ up a hearty batch of apple cinnamon flapjacks.
The nice thing about using applesauce is that unless you’re making your own applesauce, you don’t even have to peel or chop a thing.
More pancake recipes you may enjoy:
Grab the printable recipe below. Most of all, enjoy!
Apple Cinnamon Buttermilk Pancakes
- Sift and stir together dry ingredients in bowl; then make a well in center of the mixture.
- Add applesauce, buttermilk, and oil to well in dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened.
- Lightly spray griddle with cooking spray, and heat to a moderate temperature.
- Cook pancakes until tops are covered with bubbles and edges look cooked.
- Turn pancakes and cook other side. Cook well, until pancakes are browned and cooked through.
- Serve with butter, warm syrup, or a dusting of powdered sugar. Enjoy!
Pin the recipe for later!