Fall is here, and my taste buds are hoppin' with all sorts of ideas for apple this, cinnamon that, pumpkin this, nutmeg that… All the apple recipes, including apple cinnamon buttermilk pancakes! Fall is all about the cozy side of food and home.
What could be more cozy than a stack of pancakes with a pat of butter on top, drizzled with a hearty amount of warm maple syrup, besides maybe an apple cinnamon French toast bake? Can't think of anything else, can you?
Instead of adding an egg to my normal batch of pancakes, I decided to go with applesauce to add a nice fall flavor. A dash or two of cinnamon completed this fall breakfast creation. My mouth is actually starting to water, just thinking about it.
Like butterbeer pancakes from scratch, this pancake recipe is super easy to make and perfect for a weekend breakfast. Grab the griddle and the mixing bowl, and get down to cookin' up a hearty batch of apple cinnamon flapjacks.
The nice thing about using applesauce is that unless you're making your own applesauce, you don't even have to peel or chop a thing.
More pancake recipes you may enjoy:
- Blueberry Buttermilk Pancakes
- Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- Strawberry Buttermilk Dinosaur Pancakes
- Heart Shaped Buttermilk Pancakes
Grab the printable recipe below. Most of all, enjoy!
Apple Cinnamon Buttermilk Pancakes
- Whisk together the dry ingredients, including the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, and sugar in a large mixing bowl.
- Make a well in the center of the mixture.
- Add the applesauce, buttermilk, and canola oil to the well; then stir just until moistened.
- Lightly spray a griddle with cooking spray, and heat to a moderate temperature over low to medium heat.
- Spoon the pancake batter onto the hot griddle, and cook until the tops are covered with bubbles and the edges turn golden brown.
- Flip the pancakes and cook the other side. Cook until the pancakes are golden brown and cooked through.
- Serve with butter, warm syrup, or a dusting of powdered sugar.
Pin the recipe for later!