This post may contain affiliate links which means we receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This grilled fish fillets recipe adds a whole new level of deliciousness to dinner. Healthy, delicious, lightly seasoned fish fillets on the grill.
While I haven't always been a big fish eater, I do love fishing with my boys. And I recently learned that I actually really love fish fillets that are cooked on the grill, especially paired with our favorite tzatziki sauce.
Fish has so many health benefits, and we are trying to incorporate more of it into our family meals with recipes like our favorite salmon patties. I think in the past maybe we've gone with the wrong kinds of fish (that fishy taste), or we've cooked it incorrectly.
After grilling this last batch of trout fillets, I can honestly say I loved them. They were so easy to make, just lightly seasoned, and everyone ate them up; in fact, we used them to make the most delicious fish tacos.
I mentioned the health benefits; are you aware of the following?
- Fish is filled with omega-3 fatty acids and vitamins like Vitamin D, a vitamin that many of us are lacking these days. Just the omega-3's alone are worth adding a good amount of fish to your weekly menu. We're talking heart and brain health.
- Fish has lots of calcium.
- It's also rich in minerals.
- Fish contains essentially a “Caf-Pow” of protein (clearly, I've watched way too much NCIS).
Those are just a few of the many benefits of adding more fish in our diets. So, let's get to the grilling of these amazing fillets, so you can start enjoying the benefits of fish.
Ingredients needed to grill trout fillets or any white, flaky fish fillets:
Tips and tricks for how to grill fish fillets on a charcoal grill:
Heat up the grill while you prepare the fish.
Rinse and pat the fish fillets dry.
Place each fillet on a baking sheet. Season the fish fillets with salt and pepper.
Place each of the fish fillets on the already heated grill. You can also use a plank, but there is definitely an art to grilling with a plank, so this recipe is focusing on adding the fillets straight onto the grill.
Grill fish on high for 10 to 12 minutes, turning for the last 1 to 2 minutes.
Use a grilling spatula to carefully get under the whole fillet and pick it up off the grill. Serve immediately with tzatziki sauce and your favorite sides. Grilled fish pairs really well with spaghetti squash alfredo (minus the chicken), broccoli salad, biscuits, or pasta salad.
More grilling recipes you may enjoy:
- Grilled Corn in the Husk with Honey Butter
- Maple Bourbon Grilled Shrimp Kabobs
- Mexican Corn on the Cob with Bacon
- Maple Pork Chops with Apples and Onions
- Grilled Cheeseburger Pizza
- Smoked Bacon Cheddar Scalloped Potatoes
- Chicago Dog
Kitchen tools you may need to make this grilled fish fillets recipe:
Charcoal Grill or Gas Grill – We love using our charcoal grill.
Large Bowl – for coating the fillets with olive oil.
Baking Sheet – for seasoning the fish fillets.
Grilling Spatula – for turning the fish and carefully removing it from the grill.
Fish Oven Mitts – You may or may not need oven mitts for grilling, but aren't these fun?!
- 2 pounds fish
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- Heat up the grill while you prepare the fish.
- Rinse and pat the fish fillets dry.
- Add the olive oil to a large bowl, and coat the fish in the oil.
- Place each fillet on a baking sheet.
- Season the fish fillets with salt and pepper.
- Place each of the fish fillets directly onto the already heated grill.
- Grill fish on high for 10 to 12 minutes, turning for the last 1 to 2 minutes.
- Use a grilling spatula to carefully get under the whole fillet and pick it up off the grill.
- Serve immediately with tzatziki sauce and your favorite sides.
Serving Size:8 people
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 141Saturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 56mgSodium: 640mgProtein: 22g