Don't you love a good pasta salad? And boy, do I have a good one for you. It's a 30 minute pasta salad filled with delicious garden fresh flavors!
How to Make This 30 Minute Pasta Salad
The garden is busting at the seams with fresh veggies, plus grilling season is in full force. This is always the time of year I find myself craving a good pasta salad. That craving is where this recipe comes from. And it really does take right around 30 minutes or less to make.
Your first step is to cook the rotini according to package directions. You'll also want to get your eggs on to boil; or you can make Instant Pot hard boiled eggs.
While the pasta and eggs are cooking, chop the cucumber (you can peel or not, totally up to you), and slice the cherry tomatoes. Then shred the cheeses.
Once the pasta is cooked and drained, you may want to let it cool just a bit before you mix it together with both the veggies and cheeses in a large salad bowl.
Mix up the dressing in a large measuring cup, and pour it over your salad mixture; then toss to combine the salad ingredients together. Top the salad with sliced boiled eggs.It's that easy! This is exactly the type of side dish that goes perfectly with a good burger or BBQ.
Looking for more salad recipes? Here are a few you may enjoy.
- Easy Chicken Salad Recipe
- Dill Veggie Finger Salad
- Layered Salad
- 39 Colorful Salads You Can Eat for Dinner
Below is a printable recipe so you can make it for yourself. Enjoy!
Print the Recipe for 30 Minute Pasta Salad with Cucumbers and Tomatoes
- 12 ounces rotini, cooked
- 3-4 hard-boiled eggs
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 cucumber
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 4 ounces white cheddar
- 4 ounces smoked Gruyere or smoked cheddar
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/8 cup apple cider vinegar
- Cook the pasta according to package directions.
- Drain and throw peas in with the pasta while it drains; this will allow them to thaw. If preferred, you can also cook the peas with the pasta.
- Boil the eggs.
- Peel and chop the cucumber.
- Slice the cherry tomatoes in half.
- Shred both cheeses.
- Mix together the pasta, vegetables, and cheeses.
- To make the dressing, mix the mayo, Dijon mustard, sugar, garlic powder, celery salt, and apple cider vinegar. It will be a very thin sauce.
- Then pour the dressing over the salad and mix well. I used two wooden spoons to kinda “throw” the pasta salad in the bowl.
- Peel the boiled eggs, slice eggs, and place on top of the salad; you can also crumble, if desired.
- Chill until ready to serve.
- Serve and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 424Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 172mgSodium: 582mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 3gSugar: 6gProtein: 21g