This post may contain affiliate links which means we receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
We have been baking up a storm, ordering Christmas presents, and thoroughly enjoying the holiday season this year.
Now, I usually make these cookies any time of the year, but when I thought about it, the candies in these cookies really do resemble Christmas lights! So, why not give them a new name… Christmas Light Cookies!
I've made these twice in the past week because they're just that good. My kids gobble them up, but they also make great gifts.
Made similarly to my favorite Chocolate Chip Cookies, these cookies are filled with mini milk chocolate candy bits, semi-sweet dark chocolate candy bits, and semi-sweet chocolate chips. They're made for the chocolate lover in you.
My favorite time to eat them is fresh out of the oven, but as they age, they get even more of a chewy texture to them. I love a chocolaty cookie that's good and chewy, don't you? Chewy is best when it comes to any kind of cookie with chocolate chunks in it.
Below you'll find the printable recipe. Enjoy!
Looking for more Christmas cookie recipes?
You can find even more holiday recipes on my list of The Best Christmas Recipes for Your Holiday Celebrations!
- 1 cup 2 sticks unsalted butter
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour, measure before sifting
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 1 heaping tsp. salt
- 1/2 bag, 6 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 bag Semi-Sweet Dark Chocolate M&M's Baking Bits
- 3/4 bag Milk Chocolate M&M's Minis Holiday Baking Bits
- Pre-heat oven to 375°.
- Cream butter and sugars together. It's up to you whether you use light brown or dark brown sugar, depending on your preferred cookie texture. I prefer light brown because it lends to a more golden, raised cookie with crunchy edges and a chewy, slightly cake-like center.
- Add eggs and vanilla, mixing well.
- Sift flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Add sifted dry ingredients to creamed mixture, mixing well.
- Add chocolate chips and chocolate candies, thoroughly mixing into dough.
- At this point, nuts are an optional add-in, but I always make without.
- Drop by heaping teaspoon onto cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375° for 10-11 minutes, or until cookies are lightly golden and done.
- Serve and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 214Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 37mgSodium: 136mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 1gSugar: 18gProtein: 2g