This post may contain affiliate links which means we receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Over the years we've had our favorite Christmas recipes in the form of candy, cookies, cakes, and more.
I used to love these little almond crescent cookies that I'd buy around the holiday season. Yes, they were store bought cookies, even came in a box.
In fact, if I remember right, they were Keebler cookies. They were oh so scrumptious.
Since I haven't seen them in awhile, I thought I'd try making my own version, only in a round cookie shape vs. a crescent. I think I have a new favorite Christmas cookie recipe.
These have a much more buttery taste than your typical sugar or almond cookie…I was going for a really buttery, almond-y flavor with these cookies. They have a crunchy edge, but depending on how long you bake them, they're very chewy in the center.
The powdered sugar is the secret to the pure yumminess of these cookies. I swear, they melt in your mouth, so de-lish!
They don't take a lot of ingredients, a win-win for a Christmas cookie, meaning they're quite simple to make.
Looking for more Christmas cookie recipes?
You can find even more holiday recipes on my list of Best Christmas Recipes for Your Holiday Celebrations!
You'll find the printable recipe below. If you happen to bake them, drop me a line and let me know how you like them. Enjoy!
Pin this recipe and save it for later!
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. almond extract
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 cup finely chopped almonds
- 1 cup powdered sugar for dipping
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add egg, vanilla, and almond extract, mixing well.
- Sift dry ingredients together. Add to creamed mixture, mixing well.
- Add finely chopped almonds, mixing well.
- Drop by tablespoonful onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 400° for 10 to 12 minutes, or until edges begin to turn golden. Remove from cookie sheet and let cool on rack.
- Once cookies have mostly cooled, dip in powdered sugar, making sure each cookie has a good powdered sugar coating.
- Serve and enjoy!
Serving Size:1 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 185Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 28mgSodium: 147mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 1gSugar: 13gProtein: 2g