This post may contain affiliate links which means we receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Jaden is totally mesmerized with dinosaurs right now. From books to movies to toys, the boy just loves dinosaurs.
So, I decided to come up with a fun new recipe for kids. And why not make one of Jaden’s favorite things to eat in one of his favorite character shapes…. Dinosaur Pancakes.
These Strawberry Buttermilk Dinosaur Pancakes were a bit tedious to make…. Dan and I worked on them together. But it was so worth it seeing Jaden’s face.
More pancake recipes you may enjoy:
Print the recipe for Strawberry Buttermilk Dinosaur Pancakes
Strawberry Buttermilk Dinosaur Pancakes
- Stir together first 5 ingredients in a large bowl; make a well in center of mixture.
- Stir together egg, buttermilk, and oil; add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened.
- Wash, stem, and chop strawberries. Mix into batter.
- Heat a lightly greased griddle.
- Spray each cookie cutter very well with cooking spray. Place cookie cutter onto griddle.
- Carefully pour, or squeeze if using a squeeze bottle, batter into each cookie cutter. Do not remove cookie cutter just yet; allow pancakes to cook until tops are covered with bubbles and edges look cooked.
- Then carefully remove cookie cutter from pancake.
- Carefully turn the pancake, and cook the other side.
- Serve with fresh fruit, butter, maple syrup, or powdered sugar.