Jaden is totally mesmerized with dinosaurs right now. From books to movies to toys, the boy just loves dinosaurs.
So, I decided to come up with a fun new recipe for kids. And why not make one of Jaden's favorite things to eat in one of his favorite character shapes…. Dinosaur Pancakes.
These Strawberry Buttermilk Dinosaur Pancakes were a bit tedious to make…. Dan and I worked on them together. But it was so worth it seeing Jaden's face.
More pancake recipes you may enjoy:
Apple Cinnamon Buttermilk Pancakes
Butterbeer Pancakes from Scratch
Heart Shaped Buttermilk Pancakes
Heart Shaped Chocolate Chip Pancakes
Print the recipe for Strawberry Buttermilk Dinosaur Pancakes
Strawberry Buttermilk Dinosaur Pancakes
- 1 1/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons pure cane sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup strawberries chopped
- Stir together first 5 ingredients in a large bowl; make a well in center of mixture.
- Stir together egg, buttermilk, and oil; add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened.
- Wash, stem, and chop strawberries. Mix into batter.
- Heat a lightly greased griddle.
- Spray each cookie cutter very well with cooking spray. Place cookie cutter onto griddle.
- Carefully pour, or squeeze if using a squeeze bottle, batter into each cookie cutter. Do not remove cookie cutter just yet; allow pancakes to cook until tops are covered with bubbles and edges look cooked.
- Then carefully remove cookie cutter from pancake.
- Carefully turn the pancake, and cook the other side.
- Serve with fresh fruit, butter, maple syrup, or powdered sugar.
8 thoughts on “Strawberry Buttermilk Dinosaur Pancakes Recipe”
These are so cute! :)
– Brooke –
These look amazing!!!!! Seriously, even though I do not have a child, I am TOTALLY making these!!!
Annette, thank you so much! Jaden absolutely loved them.
Bubby would LOVE these. How in the heck did you cut out these shapes?
Oopsie…forget it. I just clicked over to the Great Day Farms site and saw that you used cookie cutters. I wanna be you when I grow up. #truestory
Christy, lol! Yep, cookie cutters, which I guess I should have explained you can get on Amazon for pretty cheap. Aw, I’m a little speechless…. thanks, Christy. That’s one of the nicest compliments I’ve ever gotten.
Well, it would be, only I’d have to grow down because well, I grew up (OK not up but OLD) way before you. Seriously doing this over the weekend though. And I’m a huge fan. HUGE. But you knew that.
Well, thank you…. And all I’m sayin’ is, if you make these, be patient and use lots of cooking spray on the cookie cutters. LOL But it’ll be worth it.;)