Your go to list of favorite Halloween movie night snacks and treats for the whole family. Easy, spooky snacks and desserts both kids and adults will love. So easy, anyone can make them!
Halloween is right around the corner. If you're hosting a Halloween party or movie night, you're probably looking for the best Halloween movie night snacks you can make in a jiffy.
I've got you covered with 20+ ideas for yummy Halloween movie desserts and Halloween food snacks, some sweeter than others.
When it comes to Halloween party food, you can jazz up just about any type of food to make it festive, and in this case a little spooky too.
Not a Fan of Scary?
I'm not a fan of really scary stuff either, whether it's horror flicks and slasher films, or scary treats. I mean, the scary movies I do like are either old Alfred Hitchcock films or more thriller type movies like The Sixth Sense or A Quiet Place.
So I tend to err on the side of somewhat spooky but also cute and fun when it comes to Halloween desserts and Halloween snacks for party events (even this cute Garfield Halloween costume I made).
When Should You Host Your Halloween Movie Night?
If you want to host more than just a family movie night, you'll want to consider the perfect time of year to host.
While Halloween night might be a little busy for most people, what with trick-or-treating and parties or events, you might think about hosting in the weeks leading up to Halloween.
Really, anytime during Halloween season in the month of October, and probably a weekend, will be the best time that works with most people's schedules. So pick a time, tell your friends and family, and start planning a really fun night.
Tips and Tricks for Easy Halloween Treats
Here are a few tips for keeping things easy in the kitchen when you're figuring out what to make for Halloween movie night:
- Save time by buying pre-baked. If you need a baked treat, save time by using a mix or buying it already pre-made. While I love homemade and it's my first choice, it's not always feasible, especially when life gets really busy.
- If you need icing or frosting, again, buy pre-made. No judgment here.
- Need to pipe icing onto your Halloween treats? Use icing tubes you can get at any grocery store in the baking aisle.
- Think of how you can use already made foods in a creative way… For example, making donuts or Oreo cookies into spiders or Twix bars into mummies (see recipes below).
- Make no bake desserts. Because no bake is awesome.
- Instead of cookies, make bars. Instead of cake pops, make a whole cake. Think easy.
- Need a pie crust? Again, use a pre-made crust. Or make a shortcut no-roll pie crust.
- Think about putting together a buffet, like maybe a caramel apples buffet with melted caramel and fun toppings.
- Put together a charcuterie board, in this case a Halloween movie night snack board, and set it on your coffee table in the living room. Finger foods on a board make great snacks!
- Veggie trays and salty snacks are always a great idea.
Kitchen Tools You May Need to Make Halloween Movie Treats
Halloween Movie Checklist
Of course, we'd be remiss to not mention a few family favorite Halloween movies to go along with your tasty snacks… Again, I'm keeping it pretty family-friendly here, so if you want scary horror movie marathons of movies like Nightmare on Elm Street, I ain't your girl.
Here are just a few suggestions…
- It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown (because of course)
- Hocus Pocus
- Practical Magic
- Harry Potter collection
- Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas
- The Addams Family
- The Haunted Mansion
- Edward Scissorhands
- The Sixth Sense
20+ Halloween Movie Night Snacks
Here are a few yummy recipe ideas for your Halloween party food menu, including some really cute Halloween treats all your guests will love. All of these treats will have a slightly spooky feel and maybe even a cute factor going for them too.
You'll find easy Halloween food, sweet treats, and movie snacks like Halloween brownies, party punch, cookies, no bake desserts, treats on a stick, Halloween cupcakes, and more!
Hopefully, you've found plenty of Halloween inspiration for your Halloween party menu. Happy Halloween to you and yours!