Knowing that I wanted to come up with a fun appetizer recipe for New Year's, it just seemed logical to include one of our favorite snacks, pimento cheese. And, of course, it had to have a theme…. so one of my personal favorites at this time of year, a snowman.
Dan and I had a lot of fun experimenting with this recipe and came up with it together. We schemed and experimented, adding ingredients until the pimento cheese tasted just right.
Below you'll find the printable recipe and how to. This recipe is so much fun to make; the cheese ball formed into a snowman is really like an empty canvas just waiting to be decorated.
My advice is to be creative with the decorating and use what you have. I used black olives for the eyes, mouth, and buttons. Then peppers for the nose, scarf, and hat. The nice thing about pimento cheese is that it was so easy to decorate; everything stuck fast so easily.
When all is said and done, serve Frosty with snack crackers or pretzels, whatever you or your guests enjoy. The nice thing about the decorations is that if using olives and peppers, they're completely edible and pair well with the cheese. Enjoy!
Looking for more delicious holiday appetizers or snacks?
- 3 Super Easy Appetizer Recipes for New Year’s
- Creamy BBQ Chicken Dip
- Chicken Dip Pinwheels
- Maple Sausage Stuffed Pastry Bites
- Bacon Cheddar BBQ Ranch Dip
- Taco Bites
- Leftover Turkey Stuffing Crescent Roll Appetizers
If you're looking for more holiday party recipe inspiration, be sure to check out my list of The Best Christmas Recipes for Your Holiday Celebrations.
Snowman Pimento Cheese Ball
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- 24 ounces sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 4 ounces pimentos diced
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- Mix cream cheese, shredded Cheddar, and pimentos. Add in mayo, vinegar, and sugar, blending ingredients well. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from refrigerator, and use 2/3 of the mixture to form the base of the snowman. Then use more cheese to shape his head and add that on to the base. Shape and round the cheese ball, adding in bits of the cheese mixture to fill in gaps and make him look like you want him to look.
- Now it's time to decorate. Wash any veggies you'll be using. Chop olives into longer pieces for the eyes; then chop small bits of olives for the mouth. Olives should stick fast to cheese ball with just a tiny bit of pressure. Slice sliver of orange pepper to look like a carrot nose. Then slice red pepper (or whatever color you prefer) into small strips for the scarf; I found that using smaller strips held better to the cheese. Slice top of pepper and remove seeds. Add to top of snowman's head for a hat. Chop ends of 2 olives and use for buttons. Add 2 pretzel sticks for the arms.
- Finally, add parsley around snowman for garnish. Serve with crackers, pretzel sticks, or whatever snacks you and your guests may enjoy.
- (Disclaimer: Always remember to refrigerate snowman when not enjoying as an appetizer or snack.)