This post may feature affiliate links or partner companies. Read our full disclosure policy .
It’s confession time, though anyone who really knows us already knows this… We couldn’t really give a flip about football. Gasp! I know, right? It’s true. I mean, here we are right smack dab in the middle of Razorback country, and we couldn’t care less about what the score is. Anyone who asks us how the game went gets that famous deer in the headlights look. I kid you not. That being said, we do like zipping through the DVR to watch the Superbowl commercials. One of my personal favorites is the VW commercial with little Darth Vader using “the Force” to magically start the car. You know the one, right? And even though we may not enjoy the big game, we do love us a good snack or appetizer, in honor of the big game, of course. Or maybe that’s just our excuse.
Every year Superbowl Sunday is my excuse to make a few of our favorites, including Creamy BBQ Chicken Dip. Yum! This year I decided to switch it up by creating pinwheels inspired by our favorite dip. Pinwheels… Aren’t they the most scrumptious snacks ever? These pinwheels may be bite-sized, but they pack a delicious, flavor-filled punch. Add a little lettuce for a bit of green, and you’ve got an appetizer your guests will love.
For me, there’s just something about the combination of barbecue sauce and Ranch dressing. I love mixing the two.
Below, you’ll find a printable recipe. Whether or not you celebrate Game Day, don’t miss out on an excuse to make and enjoy a great snack. And since they make such a great party appetizer, I’m definitely adding this recipe to my list of The Best Christmas Recipes for Your Holiday Celebrations. Enjoy!
Looking for more delicious appetizers and snacks?
- 3 Super Easy Appetizer Recipes for New Year’s
- Maple Sausage Stuffed Pastry Bites
- Bacon Cheddar BBQ Ranch Dip
- Snowman Pimento Cheese Ball
- Taco Bites
- Turkey and Stuffing Crescents
Chicken Dip Pinwheels
- 1 large chicken breast cooked and shredded
- 1/3 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup Ranch dressing
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar
- 5 medium taco-sized tortillas
- 1 - 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese
- Lettuce leaves
- Cook and shred chicken.
- Mix barbecue sauce, Ranch dressing, Cheddar, and chicken in small bowl.
- Spread cream cheese evenly onto each tortilla.
- Add layer of lettuce leaves onto each tortilla. Then add layer of chicken mixture.
- Roll each tortilla up as tightly as possible. Slice into 1-in. thick slices, or pinwheels.
- Chill until ready to serve.
- Serve and enjoy!