The big game will soon be here, and even though we don't necessarily enjoy football, we usually have a movie night right around that time and enjoy a few of the snacks that go along with a big game party.
I'll usually make our normal Barbecue Chicken Cream Cheese Dip, and sometimes I'll make one of the boys' favorites, “Puppy Chow.” This year, I'm adding something new to the mix…. Taco Bites.
These little snacks are super easy to make, and they contain fresh ingredients, making them somewhat healthy, as well. We enjoyed a batch for lunch one day recently.
Below you'll find a printable recipe. Serve with a dollop of sour cream and fresh veggies on the side. Enjoy!
Looking for more delicious appetizers and snacks?
- Tomato salsa with basil
- 3 Super Easy Appetizer Recipes for New Year’s
- Chicken Dip Pinwheels
- Bacon Cheddar BBQ Ranch Dip
- Snowman Pimento Cheese Ball
- Maple Sausage Stuffed Pastry Bites
- Turkey and Stuffing Crescents
And since Taco Bites make such a delicious party appetizer, I'm definitely adding them to my list of The Best Christmas Recipes for Your Holiday Celebrations.
Appetizer Recipe ~ Taco Bites
- Fully cook ground beef in skillet and drain. Add Picante Sauce to ground beef and warm.
- Warm mini corn tortillas between 2 paper towels on a plate in the microwave, until they become pliable and easier to work with. The next step involves a muffin tin; you'll need 12 muffin cups. Place each mini tortilla in a muffin cup, working with it to make it fit down in the cup. It helps to add a tablespoon full of beef at this point.
- Once all tortillas are fitted into place and beef mixture added, bake at 350° for about 20-30 minutes or until tortillas are crunchy.
- Remove from oven, adding cheese, lettuce, and tomatoes. Finish each taco bite off with a dollop of sour cream and serve. Enjoy!