Pumpkin Pear Spice Cake includes just a few of my favorite ingredients.
The holidays are a joyous time. Family, friends, holiday parties and get-togethers, delicious food, decadent holiday desserts.
A sheet cake is also a nice alternative to the traditional pumpkin roll or pumpkin pie. It adds a bit of variety, and I'd wager that it's a bit easier or simpler to make too.
I'm looking forward to making this again for Thanksgiving.
My boys have been begging me to make it again. There's just something about the combination of flavors…
It's a scrumptious dessert perfect for the holiday season.
Below you'll find a printable recipe. Enjoy and Happy Thanksgiving!
More pumpkin recipes you may enjoy:
- Ooey gooey pumpkin cake
- Instant Pot Pumpkin Spice Cheesecake
- Classic Pumpkin Pie from Scratch
- Pumpkin Roll
- Pumpkin Sugar Cookies
Pin the recipe for Pumpkin Pear Spice Cake!
Pumpkin Spice Pear Cake
- 1 cup cane sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 medium pears washed, peeled, and diced
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 2 tablespoons salted butter softened
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon caramel extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 24 mellowcreme candy pumpkins
- Pre-heat the oven to 375° F; grease and flour a 16×10 sheet cake pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the sugar, eggs, pumpkin, lemon juice, and milk.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients, including the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, pumpkin pie spice, and cinnamon.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing well.
- Add the diced pear to the mixture, mixing well.
- Spread the batter into the greased sheet cake pan, spreading it evenly in the pan.
- Bake at 375° F for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick, inserted in the center, comes out clean and cake begins to turn golden.
- Remove the cake from the oven, and allow it to cool completely.
- Whisk the cream cheese and butter together 'til smooth and creamy.
- Add the vanilla extract, caramel extract, and powdered sugar to the cream cheese mixture, mixing everything together well.
- Spread the creamy frosting on top of the cooled cake.
- Slice the cake and add candy pumpkins to the top of each slice; then serve!