This post may feature affiliate links or partner companies. Read our full disclosure policy .
The holidays are a joyous time. Family, friends, holiday parties and get-togethers, delicious food, decadent holiday desserts. Pumpkin Pear Spice Cake includes just a few of my favorite ingredients. A sheet cake is also a nice alternative to the traditional pumpkin roll or pumpkin pie. It adds a bit of variety, and I’d wager that it’s a bit easier or simpler to make too.
I’m looking forward to making this again for Thanksgiving. My boys have been begging me to make it again. There’s just something about the combination of flavors…
It’s a scrumptious dessert perfect for the holiday season.
Below you’ll find a printable recipe. Enjoy and Happy Thanksgiving!
Pumpkin Pear Spice Cake
- Cake -
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup pumpkin
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 3 cups flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 pears washed, peeled, and chopped
- Frosting -
- 1 - 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese
- 2 tbsp. salted butter
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. caramel extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Candy pumpkins
- Pre-heat oven to 375°. Grease and flour sheet cake pan.
- Mix together sugar, eggs, pumpkin, lemon juice, and milk.
- Sift dry ingredients together and add to mixture, mixing well.
- Wash, peel, and chop pear in smaller pieces. Add to mixture, mixing well.
- Pour batter (it'll be a stiff batter) into sheet cake pan. Spread evenly in pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean and cake begins to turn golden.
- For frosting, mix all ingredients together well. Spread on top of cooled cake. Slice cake and add candy pumpkin to top of each slice. Serve and enjoy!
- (Note: Chill cake when not being served/eaten.)
Pin the recipe for Pumpkin Pear Spice Cake!