This post may contain affiliate links which means we receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Chocolate and peanut butter sweets are my family’s go-to choice when it comes to candy. Dan loves Reese’s Mini candies; the boys and I love it all. Special holidays like Valentine’s Day always mean chocolate peanut butter candies, whether we’re buying or making homemade. While I’ve tried to master copycat versions of Reese’s peanut butter cups, I think this is probably the closest I’ve ever gotten. These little hearts make a yummy Valentine for anyone (provided they don’t have a peanut allergy), be it family, friends, or even your neighbors.
While I’ve shared a recipe for Chocolate Peanut Butter Pops in the past, this recipe is just a bit different. I used real butter, crushed graham crackers, and other ingredients. For the outer chocolatey coating, I used Ghirardelli Dark Melting Wafers. It’s becoming one of my favorite brands of chocolate for baking and sweets; the chocolate’s just so creamy and rich, full of flavor.
The hearts are easy to make, though it did take me a few tries to master the dipping process. It’s a messy process, so just be aware of that. To create heart shapes, roll and smooth out the peanut butter filling with a rolling pin. Then cut with a small heart cookie cutter. Dip in chocolate, using your fingers…but remove from chocolate with a large fork, dripping off excess chocolate, and place on wax-covered cookie sheet. Once you do a few, you start to get a knack for it, and it becomes easier.
Even if you don’t necessarily celebrate Valentine’s Day, these are still a fun treat to make. You’ll find the printable recipe below. Enjoy!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Heart Valentines
- Mix together butter, powdered sugar, and peanut butter.
- Crush graham crackers, using a plastic Ziploc-type bag and rolling pin. Add to peanut butter mixture, mixing together well.
- Melt chocolate candy coating according to package directions.
- To create heart shapes, roll and smooth out peanut butter filling with a rolling pin; roll to about 3/4 inch thickness.
- Cut heart shapes with a small cookie cutter.
- Dip in chocolate, using your fingers. Remove from chocolate with a large fork, dripping off excess chocolate. Place on wax-covered cookie sheet.
- Place in fridge, so that chocolate coating can harden. We like to store ours in the fridge for a cool, creamy treat.
- Serve and enjoy!
If you’re looking for more Valentine’s Day ideas, you may find something amongst my Valentine’s Day crafts and Valentine’s Day recipes. If you’re on Pinterest, I’d love to connect with you there. Happy coming soon Valentine’s Day!