This post may contain affiliate links which means we receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
How to make chocolaty heart shaped Valentine Rice Krispie treats with marshmallows, M&M's, and sprinkles. Simple dessert recipe for your sweetie!
Rice Krispie treats are an all time favorite dessert, loved by many. And they're so easy to reinvent for all your favorite holidays.
The good thing is, rice crispy treats don't use a lot of ingredients, and you can decorate them with minimal effort. Mix in a bag of Valentine M&M's and sprinkle on a handful of heart shaped sprinkles, and you're pretty much set.
These festive Rice Krispie squares make a fantastic classroom treat or a special after school snack for your sweethearts. And if you want to make them pink, check out my tutorial for pink Rice Krispie treats or strawberry marshmallow Rice Krispie treats!
WHERE CAN I FIND THE RECIPE FOR M&M'S HEART SHAPED VALENTINE RICE KRISPIE TREATS?
If you’d rather skip all of my cooking tips, important cooking info for this recipe, and similar recipe ideas – and get straight to the Valentine Rice Krispie treats recipe – just scroll down to the bottom, where you’ll find a printable recipe card.
HOW DO I MAKE M&M'S RICE KRISPIE TREATS?
You can follow this Rice Krispie Treats recipe to make a pan full of Rice Krispie treats.
Once you've partially mixed together the melted marshmallow mixture with the Rice Krispies cereal, you can stir in the M&M's candies and finish mixing everything together.
The brownie pan really allows me to get in with the cookie cutter and not have to fight with the sides of the pan.
A LITTLE TRICK TO ADDING VALENTINE SPRINKLES
When you have the mixture spread smoothly in your pan, you can sprinkle on Valentine heart shaped sprinkles.
Be sure to add the sprinkles right away, so they'll stick to the still warm marshmallow treats. If you wait too long, the sprinkles will just fall right off the Rice Krispie squares or hearts.
HOW TO MAKE HEART SHAPED MARSHMALLOW TREATS
Once you’ve spread your Rice Krispies treats mixture in your pan, you can go ahead and start cutting out heart shapes with a heart shaped cookie cutter.
Be careful because the treats will still be quite hot, so just take your time. Cutting out the Valentine hearts will help them to cool more quickly, though.
ALTERNATIVE OPTIONS FOR DECORATING VALENTINE RICE KRISPIE TREATS
There are several things you can do to decorate your Rice Krispie hearts for Valentine's Day.
- Skip adding M&M's to the mixture, and add M&M's Minis on top instead. You'd probably need to pipe on a little marshmallow fluff or melted candy melts and then sprinkle them on.
- Pipe a thin zig zag of melted candy melts all over the top of your Rice Krispie treats, and add Valentine sprinkles.
- Add enough Strawberry Jello to your marshmallow mixture to give the treats both a strawberry flavor and a pink color.
- Use pink Valentine marshmallows to give your Valentine treats a tinge of pink color.
- Instead of Valentine sprinkles, use pink Nerds. Kids LOVE Nerds.
- Add Valentine sprinkles right into the Rice Krispie squares recipe instead of sprinkling them on top.
- Make pops out of your Rice crispy treats by adding lollipop sticks into the treats.
- Dip a portion of or the whole treat into melted candy melts, and sprinkle with sprinkles.
- Try different Valentine shape cookie cutters! Maybe X's and O's for hugs and kisses.
- And finally, decorate your hearts with little Cupid's arrows made out of toothpicks and gummy hearts.
LOOKING FOR MORE EASY VALENTINE'S DAY DESSERTS?
While these Ritz Cracker chocolate peanut butter cups are one of our favorite Christmas treats, they make an excellent Valentine's Day dessert too. Valentine marshmallow pops are another easy treat you can make in a jiffy.
KITCHEN TOOLS YOU MAY NEED TO MAKE VALENTINE RICE KRISPIE TREATS
Heat-Resistant Spatula – This one is my go to spatula.
GET THE PRINTABLE RECIPE
If you love these Valentine Rice Krispie treats as much as I do, please write a 5 star review, and help me share the recipe on Facebook and Pinterest! If you make the recipe, be sure to share that you tried it on Pinterest. I love when readers share feedback!
CONNECT WITH ADVENTURES OF MEL!
Be sure to follow me on social, so you never miss a post!
Sign up to receive my newsletter, filled with delicious recipes and outdoor travel adventures, in your inbox:
- First of all, make a full pan** of Rice Krispie treats, recipe linked in the ingredients.
- Once you’ve partially mixed together the melted marshmallows with the Rice Krispies cereal, stir in the M&M’s candies and finish mixing everything together.
- Spread the Rice Krispies treats mixture into a pan.**
- Immediately sprinkle on Valentine heart shaped sprinkles, so they'll stick to the still warm marshmallow treats.
- Cut heart shaped Rice Krispie treats with a heart shaped cookie cutter.*** Work your way around the edge, then in toward the middle.
- And that's it. They're ready to serve and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 168Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 4mgSodium: 24mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 1gSugar: 21gProtein: 1g