Layered salad… Every family get-together, my aunt would make a 7 layer salad that was so delicious. Everyone looked forward to it, as we'd heap spoonfuls of the creamy deliciousness onto our plates.
This layered salad recipe, that I'm about to share with you, is one way I've found to get my youngest to eat his veggies. He can't get enough of this salad.
While this recipe comes from a family cookbook made for us as a wedding gift, I'm not sure it's the same recipe my aunt made. It seems a little different but still similar in some ways.
The best thing about this layered salad is that you can add however many types of ingredients you want. You could add boiled eggs, broccoli, peppers, tomatoes, cheese, cucumbers… There's no end to the amount and types of layers you could add.
Looking for more salad recipes? Here are a few you may enjoy.
Grab the printable recipe below, get creating with your layers, and enjoy!
Layered Salad Recipe
- 1 head iceberg lettuce chopped
- 12 ounces frozen peas thawed
- 1 head cauliflower chopped
- 6 green onions chopped
- 1 pound bacon cooked, crumbled, and cooled
- Wash and prep the ingredients.
- In a large bowl, layer the vegetables and bacon, making sure all the veggies are dry when you add them.
- In a separate mixing bowl or large measuring cup, mix the dressing ingredients, including the sour cream, Miracle Whip, dressing mix, and milk.
- Spread the dressing on top of the salad, putting small tablespoons randomly around on top of the salad; then spread out with a spoon or spatula.
- Cover with plastic wrap, and chill overnight or all day.
- When ready to serve, stir the dressing into the salad, blending well with all the ingredients.
- Serve with dinner!