This post may contain affiliate links which means we receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase.
Layered salad… Every family get-together, my aunt would make a 7 layer salad that was so delicious. Everyone looked forward to it, as we’d heap spoonfuls of the creamy deliciousness onto our plates. This layered salad recipe, that I’m about to share with you, is one way I’ve found to get my youngest to eat his veggies. He can’t get enough of this salad.
While this recipe comes from a family cookbook made for us as a wedding gift, I’m not sure it’s the same recipe my aunt made. It seems a little different but still similar in some ways. Either way, it’s a family favorite and perfect for upcoming barbecues.
The best thing about this layered salad is that you can add however many types of ingredients you want. You could add boiled eggs, broccoli, peppers, tomatoes, cheese, cucumbers… There’s no end to the amount and types of layers you could add.
Looking for more salad recipes? Here are a few you may enjoy.
Grab the printable recipe below, get creating with your layers, and enjoy!
Layered Salad Recipe
- 1 head lettuce broken up pretty small
- 1 pkg. frozen peas thawed and drained but not cooked
- 1 head cauliflower broken into small pieces
- 6-8 green onions chopped
- 1 lb. bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup Miracle Whip or salad dressing
- 1 pkg. Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing Mix
- 1/2 cup milk
- Wash and prep ingredients.
- Cook bacon, drain, and crumble.
- Layer ingredients in large bowl, making sure all veggies are dry when you use them.
- Mix dressing and spread on top of salad, putting small tablespoons randomly around on top of salad; then spread out with a spoon.
- Cover with plastic wrap, and chill overnight or all day.
- When ready to serve, stir dressing into salad, blending well with ingredients.
- Serve and enjoy!