This post may feature affiliate links or partner companies. Read our full disclosure policy .
Meatloaf is one meal that our family loves, and it’s become a go to meal for me when planning our menus. I don’t feel guilty making this because I know the ingredients going into it are good, and we’ll have at least two meals out of one meatloaf.
Below you’ll find a printable recipe. This is a pretty easy recipe to make and goes great with potatoes and veggies. It makes for a simple, healthy meal that’s also one of those home cooked meals you may find yourself craving from time to time. Oh, and hint…. meatloaf sandwiches with the leftovers are the best. Enjoy!
Tasty Oatmeal Meatloaf
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 large onion minced
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- ½ cup barbecue sauce
- 1-2 cups oatmeal
- Dash of seasoning salt
- Extra ketchup for the top of meatloaf
- Pre-heat oven to 350°. Grease a 13"x9" casserole or baking pan.
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef and uncooked eggs. Add ketchup, barbecue sauce, and oatmeal; mix well. Add a dash of seasoning salt, mixing into the meat mixture.
- Transfer all of meat mixture to baking pan, and shape into a loaf. Add ketchup to top.
- Bake meatloaf at 350° for about 1 hour, longer if needed. Use a meat thermometer to make sure it comes to appropriate temperature in the middle.
- When meatloaf is fully cooked, remove from oven. Slice and serve with sides. Enjoy!