Going camping? Here are 30+ easy camping recipes to gather 'round the campfire. All kinds of camping food ideas, including camping breakfast ideas, camping dinner ideas, yummy campfire desserts, and camping snacks too!
When we go on a camping trip, we like to eat well, but we also like to eat cheap. We prefer to spend more money exploring the area we're in or eating like a local.
A Few Tips for How to Eat Cheap While Camping
- Pack all or most of your food with you. More than likely, you're going to spend less money in your local grocery store than you will upon entering a grocery store you've never explored before.
- Keep it simple. Find ways to use less ingredients, like using canned peaches in this campfire peach cobbler. No need to drag along a bunch of fresh fruit, just to be cut up and cooked in a cobbler.
- Stock up on hot dogs. Yep, pack those puppies in the cooler and enjoy every bite. My guys love hot dogs, and I think it's safe to say they could eat them every meal if I'd let them. Switch them up by mixing them with baked beans for beanie weanies, or cooking them with a pack of stir fry veggies for a somewhat healthier meal. I love a good Chicago dog myself.
- Don't forget the peanut butter. Make lunch easy, going old school with peanut butter and jelly! Peanut butter is great for energy levels too, something we all need when we're outdoors.
- Make use of potatoes. You can bake them, fry them in a skillet, bake them, or make crispy seasoned steak fries with them. They're very versatile and a great way to spend less money.
Can we just take a moment to savor the memory of easy campfire meals gone by? Oh how I love a good campfire.
Easy Camping Recipes Anyone Can Make
Whether it's a backyard campfire or you're hitting the road for a full-on camping trip, here are 30+ camping recipes that'll have the whole family ready to gather 'round the fire.
Camping Snacks and Appetizers
Who doesn't love a bag full of easy finger foods while relaxing in the great outdoors?
Camping Drinks and Beverages
Easy Camping Breakfast Ideas
Pack ingredients for the best meal of the day, a hearty breakfast 'round the campfire…
Camping Dinner Ideas
Pick up a few ideas for deliciously easy camping meals…
Easy Camping Desserts
Just because you're sleeping in the great outdoors doesn't mean you can't have dessert…
More Camping Ideas, Tips, and Tricks:
- Stock your camp kitchen with this guide and checklist for camping kitchen essentials.
- Make no rinse body wipes for cleansing head to toe while camping.
- From camping gear to kitchen basics, hygiene supplies, and outdoor fun, here is the ultimate camping checklist, making sure you pack everything you need for a fun family camping trip.