This post may contain affiliate links which means we receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This is the perfect time of year for any type of berry recipe. This past weekend we were so busy trying to get things done outside, that I felt the need for a baking break. So, what better thing to do than to make homemade muffins? Spread a little Brummel & Brown on the muffins, and you have a delicious snack filled with wonderful, berry-licious flavors. You’ll find a printable recipe below.
How to Use Brummel & Brown Spread
I’m the first to admit that I love cracking open a warm muffin and spreading the creamy goodness on. Brummel & Brown makes it so easy too because it’s oh so spreadable. And you know, it’s made with yogurt, but it doesn’t have the taste of yogurt. It has the taste and texture of a creamy, buttery spread. However, Brummel & Brown actually has 50% less fat and calories than butter. There is no cholesterol and 0g of trans fat per serving.
Bake up a batch of muffins, let them cool for just a bit, and then taste the goodness.
Recipe for Strawberry Blackberry Muffins
With berries in season now, it’s easier to find fresh berries for recipes like this. You can use frozen berries too, though. These muffins are super easy to make. I recommend using cupcake liners because, well, it’s just easier when removing from the pan. I hope you enjoy!
Looking for more homemade muffin or sweet bread recipes?
- 6 tbsp. butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup skim milk
- 1/2 tbsp. baking powder
- Dash of salt, almost 1/2 tsp.
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup strawberries and blackberries, washed and chopped
- Pre-heat oven to 375°. Line muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- Cream butter and sugar in bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, and blend in milk. Stir in baking powder and salt. Then mix in flour. Finally, stir in berries.
- Pour batter into lined muffin tin. You can sprinkle with sugar if desired; I skipped this step. Bake at 375° for about 25-30 minutes or until tops are golden and toothpick comes out clean.
- Makes about 1 dozen muffins. Serve and enjoy!
Want more recipe ideas and tips for using Brummel & Brown? Check out the Brummel & Brown Facebook page!