This post may contain affiliate links which means we receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase.
This is a meal that can be enjoyed any time of the year, but I especially love to make this around St. Patrick’s Day. It’s a slightly different twist on Shepherd’s Pie but one that hopefully, your family will enjoy.A printable recipe without photos is included below for your convenience, but just to show you how we put our pie together….
We use a 13″x9″ pan, and I start with a layer of sloppy joe mixture (ground beef & Manwich this time; sometimes we make up our own sauce). We then add a layer of either whole corn or creamed corn (creamed corn this time). Next is a layer of mashed potatoes. Finally, we add the cheese as our top layer. Then we stick it in the oven for just a bit, and voila, we have a delicious Shepherd’s Pie. Enjoy!
- 1-2 lbs. ground beef
- 1 can Manwich or make your own sloppy joe sauce
- 1 can creamed or whole corn
- 4-6 potatoes mashed to perfection with a bit of butter and milk
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheese
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Brown ground beef well in a skillet, and drain. Add sloppy joe sauce, and mix well. Add as first layer to bottom of 13x9 pan.
- Next, add a layer of corn, creamed or whole. Then add layer of mashed potatoes, and finally, a layer of shredded cheese.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for around 20-30 minutes, or until warmed through. Serve and enjoy!