The last few weeks have brought a lot of “lemons” into our lives. You know the old saying, “When life hands you lemons, make lemonade.” If taking charge and grabbing life by the horns entails making lemonade, then I guess that's where we're at right now. This recipe for granola bars comes from a desire to provide my guys with more “healthy” to snack on. It was born from all the lemons life's thrown our way here lately.
Healthy doesn't have to equal expensive or difficult either. In fact, this recipe is probably going to be a favorite for years to come. I can't believe I hadn't made my own granola bars sooner. It's so easy, and I know every single ingredient that's in these little buggers.
From natural peanut butter to a li'l bit of honey, flaxseed meal, almonds, oats, and dark chocolate chips, they are one scrumptious snack filled with both protein and a li'l fiber.
They even satisfy the sweet tooth but definitely not in a too-sweet way.
More snack bar recipes you may love: No Bake Peanut Butter Bars.
Below you'll find the printable recipe. Enjoy!
Nut Butter and Chocolate Granola Bars
- 1 cup natural peanut butter or another nut butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed meal
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1 1/3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 6 ounces semi-sweet dark chocolate chips
- Add peanut butter and honey to medium-sized saucepan and warm on stove, mixing together 'til creamy.
- Remove from heat, and right away, stir in flaxseed meal, sliced almonds, oats, and chocolate chips. The chocolate chips may melt a bit, but they really give the bars a nice, chocolatey texture.
- Press mixture into square 8×8 pan.
- Cover and place in fridge for about an hour.
- Cut into bars, serve, and enjoy!
Wanna save it for later? Pin it to your favorite board!