Have you ever been to tea? Maybe you've gone to a local tea room, or maybe you've had tea with a special little one in your life.
These little cookies are the perfect treat for an afternoon tea or even a get together, like a party, bridal shower, or baby shower. Of course, they also make the perfect homemade gift for Mother's Day.
This recipe makes a light, buttery cookie with a taste of lemon and a soft raspberry center. The lemon and raspberry together make these cookies a delectable treat.
Below you'll find a printable recipe for your convenience. Enjoy!
Looking for more scrumptious cookie recipes?
- Best Chocolate Chip Cookies Ever
- Crisp Cutout Sugar Cookies
- Grandma’s Chocolate Sandwich Cookies
- Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
Raspberry Lemon Butter Cookies
- 1 cup 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- Raspberry Jam
- Cream together the butter, sugar, and vanilla. Beat in the egg. Add lemon juice and lemon zest, mixing well.
- Sift dry ingredients together; then add to creamed mixture. Mix well.
- Drop by teaspoon onto ungreased cookie sheet, forming a round cookie with each teaspoonful of dough. Press thumb into each cookie center, making sure sides of cookie are rounded up around the thumbprint. Add a dab of raspberry jam to thumbprint of each cookie.
- Bake at 350° for about 10-12 minutes, or until bottom edge of cookie begins to turn golden. Cool cookies on wire rack. If desired, sprinkle cookies with just a light sprinkling of powdered sugar.
- Serve and enjoy!
19 thoughts on “Raspberry Lemon Butter Cookies”
Thank you, Theresa!
Yummy! I am pinning these to try. Hope you had a great mother’s day.
Thank you, Rachel!
I grew up on the store version of those- I’d love to make some! Yum!
Thank you, Shell!
My little girl love tangy flavors she would really appreciate this flavor combo.
Robin, they’re definitely tangy. Thank you!
These would be such a delicious Mother’s Day treat!!
Thank you, Kristie!
Yum! Those look so tasty. I could go for a few right now.
Robyn, thank you! Me too, they disappeared pretty quickly around here.
I love butter cookies and I can imagine how the addition of raspberry will take it to the next level.
Thank you, Kira! Yeah, there’s just something really yummy about the lemon and raspberry together.
These look so good!!! Someone should definitely bake these for me for Mother’s Day! :D
Karen, thank you! Mmmm, they do sound good right now! Have a very Happy Mother’s Day!
Happy Mother’s Day to you too Mel! :D
Mmmmm! These look really tasty, I’m going to have to try them!