Have you ever been to tea? Maybe you've gone to a local tea room, or maybe you've had tea with a special little one in your life.
These little cookies are the perfect treat for an afternoon tea or even a get together, like a party, bridal shower, or baby shower. Of course, they also make the perfect homemade gift for Mother's Day.
This recipe makes a light, buttery cookie with a taste of lemon and a soft raspberry center. The lemon and raspberry together make these cookies a delectable treat.
Below you'll find a printable recipe for your convenience. Enjoy!
Looking for more scrumptious cookie recipes?
- Best Chocolate Chip Cookies Ever
- Crisp Cutout Sugar Cookies
- Grandma’s Chocolate Sandwich Cookies
- Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
Raspberry Lemon Butter Cookies
- Cream together the butter, sugar, and vanilla. Beat in the egg. Add lemon juice and lemon zest, mixing well.
- Sift dry ingredients together; then add to creamed mixture. Mix well.
- Drop by teaspoon onto ungreased cookie sheet, forming a round cookie with each teaspoonful of dough. Press thumb into each cookie center, making sure sides of cookie are rounded up around the thumbprint. Add a dab of raspberry jam to thumbprint of each cookie.
- Bake at 350° for about 10-12 minutes, or until bottom edge of cookie begins to turn golden. Cool cookies on wire rack. If desired, sprinkle cookies with just a light sprinkling of powdered sugar.
- Serve and enjoy!