This post may contain affiliate links which means we receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase.
Summer weather is here to stay, meaning my boys are making frequent trips to the freezer to look for ice cream and freezer pops. Jaden could practically live on freezer pops in the summer, and sometimes we have a hard time limiting him to just one or two, especially on hot, humid, sticky days like we’ve had here lately. Since the 4th of July is just around the corner, I thought it might be fun to make naturally colored freezer pops that are red, white, and blue… festive for the occasion!
Below you’ll find a printable recipe. All you need to make these freezer pops is fresh fruit, your favorite Greek yogurt, and a freezer pop mold. That’s it! No added sugar, no colors, nothing else. I use my favorite Honey-Strawberry Greek yogurt and mix it in with the berries, as well as add a little yogurt all by itself for the creamy white layer. It’s so yummy.
In case you don’t have a freezer pop mold, I normally use this one.
While I was taking these pictures, I accidentally dumped 3 of my pops on the deck… That’s why we have a 5 second rule, right? At least that’s what I told myself because they’re that good.
Grab the easy peasy recipe and make some for your family’s holiday celebration. Enjoy and Happy 4th of July!
More festive 4th of July desserts you may enjoy:
- Strawberry Jello Cake Flag Cake
- Old-Fashioned Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream
- Old-Fashioned Homemade Strawberry Ice Cream
- Old-Fashioned Homemade Banana Ice Cream
- Grandma’s Lemon Cake
- Blueberry Cream Cheese Mini Tarts
- Fruit Pizza Bites
Naturally Red, White and Blue Freezer Pops
- 8-10 Strawberries
- 1 cup Blueberries
- 1 cup Honey-Strawberry or whatever flavor you like Greek yogurt
- Freezer Pop Mold
- Wash berries.
- Slice or chop strawberries and crush with potato masher.
- Mix strawberries with 1/4 cup Greek yogurt and set aside.
- Crush blueberries in separate bowl.
- Mix blueberries with 1/4 cup Greek yogurt and set aside.
- For first (RED) layer, place 1-2 spoonfuls strawberry/yogurt mixture in each freezer pop mold. How many spoonfuls you add to each layer will depend on the size of your freezer pop mold.
- For second (WHITE) layer, add 1-2 spoonfuls of Greek yogurt (no berries) next.
- For third and final (BLUE) layer, add 1-2 spoonfuls blueberry/yogurt mixture.
- Cover and freeze overnight or until frozen through.
- Serve and enjoy!