With fall on the way and school back in session, days and nights will soon be filled with crisp, cool air.
I was inspired to make this recipe by another recipe we'd made from Pillsbury, Easy Taco Melts. Instead of filling biscuits with taco filling, however, we decided to make them into mini personal pot pies.
They turned out pretty yummy.
Below is a printable recipe, without photos, for your convenience.
First cook and shred about a pound of chicken.
Next mix ingredients in a saucepan, and warm. We mixed about 2 cans cream of chicken or cream of celery soup, veggies, and the chicken, also adding salt and pepper as needed for flavor.
Remove Grands! Biscuits from the can, and prep a cookie sheet.
Flatten each biscuit.
Then put a good spoonful of filling in the center of each biscuit.
Wrap each biscuit tightly, crimping edges together.
Place in oven, and bake for the time indicated in the biscuit instructions. Remove from oven when biscuits are golden.
These are a really cozy meal, perfect for that chilly fall air that's certain to be here very soon. Enjoy!
Mini Pot Pies
- 32 ounces canned biscuits I prefer Grands Biscuits
- 1 pound chicken cooked and shredded
- 21 ounces cream of chicken soup
- 12 ounces frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 teaspoon salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper to taste
- Mix all ingredients, except biscuits, in a saucepan and warm.
- Remove biscuits from the can, and prep a cookie sheet. Flatten each biscuit. Put a good spoonful of filling in the center of each biscuit. Then wrap each biscuit tightly, crimping edges together.
- Place in oven, and bake for the time indicated in the biscuit instructions. Remove from oven when biscuits are golden. Serve while warm.