This post may feature affiliate links or partner companies. Read our full disclosure policy .
My family loves Asian food. Though I’m not sure chicken fried rice is truly authentic, it’s one of my favorite things to get when we go out to eat or order take-out. I love everything about it, from the many flavors to the vegetables, the eggs… It’s just delicious!
It’s taken us a long time to really learn how to make a good fried rice dish. My husband purchased a really nice wok awhile back, and ever since, he’s really experimented with different foods and come up with some delicious dishes! Chicken fried rice is one of those dishes he likes to make, and man, he’s so good at it. This is HIS recipe, through and through.He uses Riceland Extra Long Grain Rice. He cooks the rice ahead of time in a rice cooker. The chicken gets cooked ahead too; in fact, sometimes we just cook extra when prepping another meal and save it back for something like this, definitely saves time. Once the rice and chicken are cooked, he combines all the ingredients to make a simple fried rice.
Another key ingredient is the sesame oil; it adds that unique flavor that fried rice has. Of course, the veggies are cooked through, but the onion and the carrots still have just a hint of crunchiness. Mmmm… my mouth is starting to water just thinking about it.
This is a super easy recipe, especially if you’ve already cooked the rice and chicken ahead of time. You can even use the rice to make Chicken Fried Rice Spring Rolls.
Looking for more yummy takeout recipes you can make at home?
- Cauliflower Chicken Fried Rice
- Low Carb Roast Beef Lettuce Wraps
- Olive Garden Chicken and Gnocchi Soup (Copycat)
- McDonald’s Egg McMuffin (Copycat)
Spring rolls are my fave. They’re sooooo yummy! Enjoy!
Chicken Fried Rice
- 3 cups extra long grain rice cooked
- 1/2 lb. skinless chicken breasts cooked and shredded
- 1 cup frozen peas & carrots
- 1 large sweet onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- Heat sesame oil in skillet.
- Add veggies, onion, and garlic; cook 'til tender.
- Add eggs and scramble in veggies.
- Add chicken and rice and stir.
- Add soy sauce and stir.
- When heated thoroughly, serve. Enjoy!