This post may contain affiliate links which means we receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase.
Ready for a spring picnic but not sure what to pack in your picnic basket? Loaded Egg Salad Pitas make a delicious lunch or picnic, and they’re a great way to use up leftover hard boiled eggs.
In addition to hard boiled eggs, I added a few extra ingredients. My grandma used to make tuna salad and chicken salad with a host of fresh ingredients, from apples to pickles and pecans.
She had 2 long rows of pecan trees in her front yard, so she always had pecans sitting around in a pan waiting to be cracked or bags full of pecans already stored away in the freezer. I miss those pecan trees.
That’s kinda where my cravings led me with this egg salad, back to the good ole days.
Quick and easy ideas for how to cook hard boiled eggs:
- Easy Peel Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs
- More ways coming soon!
Below you’ll find a printable recipe. Serve this egg salad up with a flat bread or sandwiched in a pita, and you’re all set. I’m getting hungry just thinking about it. I hope you enjoy!
Loaded Egg Salad Pitas
- Boil eggs and peel; crumble.
- Wash, peel, and chop apple.
- Wash, peel, and slice avocado
- Mince onion.
- Chop pecans and pickles.
- Shred Cheddar cheese.
- Mix together eggs, apple, avocado, red onion, pecans, pickles, Cheddar, pickle juice, and mayo in a medium-sized bowl.
- Serve in pita bread pockets with lettuce. Enjoy!