This post may contain affiliate links which means we receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
That's right! We have another Minecraft Cake for all you Minecraft fans. Only this time we added Oreos, cream cheese, and strawberries into the whole shebang.
This particular cake is based on Cake from the Minecraft game. Jacob started talking about making it a little while ago, and we began to think about how we'd make this epic cake.
Between this and the grass block Minecraft cake recipe, this one is my personal favorite. It's so easy, and it's so creamy delicious.
The Oreos and the strawberries really make the cake. And let me tell you, it vanished into thin air.
How do you make this cake? Well, the good thing is it's super easy, and you really don't need any special cake decorating supplies beyond a cake slicer/leveler, a knife for smoothing on the frosting, and (2) 9-inch cake pans, which you can pick up at just about any home or craft store, if you don't already have them.
Related Recipe: Minecraft Pig Birthday Cake.
Making a Minecraft cake that's easy to make was super important to me when making this cake. I wanted it to be a non-overwhelming, simple, easy cake that anyone could make in a heartbeat, perfect for a birthday, a Minecraft party, or any celebration. And honestly, you don't even have to call it a Minecraft cake; for those who aren't into Minecraft, it's still really scrumptious.
How to Make an Easy Minecraft Cake
We used 2 Dark Chocolate Fudge cake mixes. Just bake both cakes according to the directions on the package.
For the frosting, we mixed up a simple cream cheese frosting, then divided it in half. Half the icing was mixed with crushed Oreos. The Oreo cream cheese frosting goes between the two cakes as a middle layer of frosting. Add the top layer of cake, sandwiching the cake layers together. After smoothing a bit of the plain frosting onto the top sides of the cake, the other half of the frosting is mixed with strawberries. The strawberry cream cheese frosting goes on top of the cake to mimic the look of Cake.
Kids can easily make this cake with the supervision and help of an adult. There's really no neatness or perfection factor to how this cake should look… You can really just have fun with it.
More chocolate cake recipes you may enjoy:
Grab the printable recipe below and enjoy!
- 2 chocolate cake mixes
- Other ingredients per cake mix box/directions
- 2 8- oz. boxes cream cheese
- 4 tbsp. salted butter, softened
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 5-6 large strawberries, washed and sliced/chunked
- 12 Oreos, crushed
- Mix cake mixes and bake according to package directions.
- When baked, allow cakes to cool completely.
- Use cake slicer/leveler to even out top of each cake square.
- Mix cream cheese, butter, vanilla, and powdered sugar to make frosting.
- Divide frosting in half.
- Add Oreos to half of frosting. Mix well.
- Add Oreo cream cheese frosting to top of one cake layer and spread evenly.
- Top with the second cake layer, so you now have a double-layer cake.
- Use a little bit of plain cream cheese frosting to smooth on the top sides of the cake.
- Add sliced/chunked strawberries to rest of frosting.
- Smooth strawberry cream cheese frosting onto top of cake.
- Keep chilled in refrigerator. Serve and enjoy!
Serving Size:1 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 328Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 29mgSodium: 329mgCarbohydrates: 52gFiber: 1gSugar: 38gProtein: 3g