This post may contain affiliate links which means we receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Waffles for dinner… That's what we had one night last week when I got this harebrained idea to make peaches ‘n' cream waffles. And I have to say, they were pretty scrumptious. With peaches in the batter and peaches sliced on top, they had a light peachy taste with a hint of cinnamon for good measure.
These waffles are super easy to make. All you need are the ingredients and a waffle iron. If you don't have a waffle iron, you could even make these into pancakes. They'd work whichever way you like.
We topped ours off with a few sliced peaches. Then we added a li'l whipped cream and a smidge of real maple syrup. Served with a bit of bacon to add a little protein to our meal, it was one of those super fun breakfast for dinner nights.
Below you'll find the printable recipe. Enjoy!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup buttermilk, or milk soured with about 1 tbsp. vinegar
- 3 tbsp. canola oil
- Dash of cinnamon
- 2 peaches, pureed
- Extra peaches, whipped cream, and real maple syrup for serving
- Sift and stir together dry ingredients in bowl; then make a well in center of mixture.
- Add egg, buttermilk, and oil to well in dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened.
- Wash, slice, and puree peaches, peeling and all. Add to mixture, mixing well.
- Lightly spray waffle maker with cooking spray if needed, and heat to a moderate temperature.
- Cook waffles until they reach a nice golden color, are cooked through, and edges are slightly crispy.
- Serve with butter, real maple syrup, peaches, and whipped cream. Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 142Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 18mgSodium: 325mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 1gSugar: 8gProtein: 4g