This post may contain affiliate links which means we receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
With the Winter Olympics coming up later this week, an appetizer recipe seemed just the thing, especially in light of Olympics watch parties that may be taking place. This particular recipe could work as either an appetizer or lunch.
We like to have quesadillas for lunch sometimes, along with fresh fruit; the kids love when we have them. They're super easy to make, and they're pretty healthy, depending on your ingredients.
Below you'll find a printable recipe. Serve with a side of salsa, sour cream, and avocado. Enjoy!
More Tex Mex recipes you may enjoy:
- 1 can fat-free refried beans
- 1/2 pkg., 11 oz. chicken breast strips, cooked
- 1-2 to matoes, chopped
- 3-4 small peppers, chopped
- 3-4 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar
- Salsa, sour cream, and avocado
- with this recipe, you can make about 2 quesadillas, possibly more depending on how high you pile the ingredients inside the quesadillas.
- First spread about 1/3 cup fat-free refried beans on two tortillas. Sprinkle chicken breast strips around each tortilla. Add tomatoes, peppers, green onions, and Cheddar. Top with a tortilla.
- Bake at 350° for about 15-20 minutes, or until edges start to crisp.
- Slice and serve with a side of salsa, sour cream, and avocado. Enjoy!
Serving Size:1 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 392Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 63mgSodium: 774mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 10gSugar: 5gProtein: 27g