This post may contain affiliate links which means we receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase.
With the Winter Olympics coming up later this week, an appetizer recipe seemed just the thing, especially in light of Olympics watch parties that may be taking place. This particular recipe could work as either an appetizer or lunch. We like to have quesadillas for lunch sometimes, along with fresh fruit; the kids love when we have them. They’re super easy to make, and they’re pretty healthy, depending on your ingredients.
Below you’ll find a printable recipe. Serve with a side of salsa, sour cream, and avocado. Enjoy!
More Tex-Mex recipes you may enjoy:
- Instant Pot Shredded Chicken Tacos
- Easy Ground Beef Tacos from Scratch
- Chicken and Hummus Loaded Nachos in a Sheet Pan
- Easy Chicken Fajitas
- Creamy Chicken Enchiladas
Cheesy Chicken Quesadillas
- 1 can fat-free refried beans
- 1/2 pkg. 11 oz. chicken breast strips, cooked
- 1-2 to matoes chopped
- 3-4 small peppers chopped
- 3-4 green onions chopped
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar
- Salsa sour cream, and avocado
- with this recipe, you can make about 2 quesadillas, possibly more depending on how high you pile the ingredients inside the quesadillas.
- First spread about 1/3 cup fat-free refried beans on two tortillas. Sprinkle chicken breast strips around each tortilla. Add tomatoes, peppers, green onions, and Cheddar. Top with a tortilla.
- Bake at 350° for about 15-20 minutes, or until edges start to crisp.
- Slice and serve with a side of salsa, sour cream, and avocado. Enjoy!