With Easter morning coming, coffee cake seemed just the right recipe to share. This particular recipe is, once again, from Grandma's recipe box.
It's such a delicious coffee cake, but the batter will try the patience getting it to smooth out in the pan. It's definitely worth the effort, though, with its sweet, cinnamon smell wafting through the house and a taste of heaven when it's done.
It makes enough that you could even take this dish to a family get together. Enjoy!
MORE SWEET BREAKFAST RECIPES:
Praline Coffee Cake
- Cream butter and sugar, and add eggs one at a time. Then add vanilla.
- Sift together dry ingredients.
- Mix evaporated milk and lemon juice together in small bowl.
- Add dry ingredients to butter/sugar/egg mixture, alternating with the milk mixture.
- Mix together ingredients for praline mixture. Sprinkle 1/3 of praline mixture in a greased bundt pan or 9×13 flat pan. Cover with half of batter, then 1/3 more praline mixture, then remaining batter, and finally, remaining praline mixture. Press in well. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. Let stand for 10 minutes before turning out or serving.