This post may contain affiliate links which means we receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
When it comes to types of food, I could eat Mexican day in and day out. Dan’s mentioned getting me a shirt that says, “I’m just here for the queso.” It’s so true. Enchiladas, tacos, fajitas, you name it, it’s all good and worthy of breakfast, lunch, and dinner, in my opinion. Of course, a hearty Mexican Pizza, loaded down with all the fixin’s, rates really high on my list of favorite meals; it’s also just one of the many meals my kids love.
This particular Mexican Pizza is loaded with the fixin’s of your choosing, including but not limited to lettuce, tomatoes, and avocado. It’s easy and simple to make, but I wouldn’t call it a quick meal. It takes a little time to prepare, especially if you prefer to take your time. I find myself way less stressed when I can go in the kitchen and just take my time. Turn a little music on, gather all my ingredients, and just enjoy the process of putting together a meal, all the time looking forward to eating and enjoying it with my family.
So, How to Put this Mexican Pizza together…
Sandwich two small (taco-sized) tortillas together with refried beans. Add another layer of refried beans to the top tortilla, about a tablespoonful. Then add your ground beef/picante mixture, shredding cheese on top of that. Finally, bake for about 15 minutes or until heated all the way through and cheese is melted. Remove from the oven and load your pizza down with all the yummy fixin’s. We prefer lettuce, lots of tomatoes, and avocado.
Below, you’ll find the printable recipe. Grab that recipe and enjoy!
- 1 lb. ground beef
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 1/2 cups picante sauce
- Pinch of brown sugar
- 1 can refried beans
- Small flour tortillas
- 4 oz. extra sharp cheddar
- 4 oz. Colby Jack
- 1/3 head green leaf lettuce
- 5 medium tomatoes
- 2 avocados
- Sour cream
- Pre-heat oven to 325°.
- To form each pizza, sandwich two tortillas together with a layer of refried beans, about 1 tablespoonful.
- Add another layer of refried beans to the top of the tortillas, about a tablespoonful.
- Cook ground beef, seasoning with salt and pepper, and drain well.
- Add picante sauce and pinch of brown sugar to ground beef, mixing well and heating through.
- Layer 2-3 spoonfuls of the ground beef mixture onto top of tortillas.
- Shred cheese and add to top of ground beef mixture on pizzas.
- Bake at 325° on ungreased cookie sheet for about 15 minutes or until heated all the way through and cheese is melted.
- Meanwhile, wash and chop lettuce and tomatoes; wash, peel, and chop avocados. Set aside in serving bowls.
- When fully cooked, remove pizzas from the oven and load your pizza down with all the yummy fixin's.
- Serve with sour cream and enjoy.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 608 Total Fat: 38g Saturated Fat: 15g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 19g Cholesterol: 105mg Sodium: 1277mg Carbohydrates: 31g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 11g Sugar: 9g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 37g